Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heat vents under the driver and passenger seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SigNC

Aug 23, 2017
NC
Has anybody removed the seats to look at these? I have an early model 3 and i'm convinced the vent on the driver side is not functioning correctly. On long road trips if i leave the auto heat on with the floor selected the area under the driver seat will get very very warm. If you reach under the seat everything is hot. Once the seat is heat soaked it feels like i have my seat heater cranking but do not. If i turn the heat to manual and turn off floor heat it starts to cool off under the seat almost immediately. The passenger side does not feel hot the same way nor do my feet when driving so I have to assume all this heat is coming from a vent under the seat.

I also have a later model 3 and do not experience the same type of issue in it so i wonder if something is amiss with the vent and too much heat is getting vented to the passenger side from the vents under the driver seat. Anybody seen a tear down of how the vent is positioned under the driver seat?

Well just to close the loop on this tesla mobile was able to figure this out using an onboard diag program and some sleuthing. Apparently the seat wiring harness was unclipped blocking airflow out of the vent and basically making all the heated air from the vent recirculate just under the seat instead of heading out to the back seat foot well. harness clipped in correctly now and air flow feels much more normal. awesome work by tesla mobile.