Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated charge port retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bumping this, as today I found the black plastic guide/tip of one of the charge port pins had broken off and gotten jammed down in the bottom of the charge port, requiring a delicate but forcible extraction. I've put in a service request and am assuming (read: hoping) that they'll replace the charge port with the newer heated one. Any confirmation that this is likely how it will go? Is the new/heated port compatible with the '19 model year?

Bumping this, as today I found the black plastic guide/tip of one of the charge port pins had broken off and gotten jammed down in the bottom of the charge port, requiring a delicate but forcible extraction. I've put in a service request and am assuming (read: hoping) that they'll replace the charge port with the newer heated one. Any confirmation that this is likely how it will go? Is the new/heated port compatible with the '19 model year?
The black plastic deadfronts snap in and out of the charge port pins, so most likely they will just replace those and not the whole port. Replacing the charge port involves replacing the charging cables going to the penthouse and required a bit of work to remove the rear seats and trunk liner. If you do pay to get the charge port replaced, I'd say it's only worth it if it comes with the newer charge port ECU that supports CCS charging with an adapter.

• Helpful
Reactions: pnwadventures