Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated Front Seats Standard on all MS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Group,

I've been lurking here a while, and will be buying a used MS (2014-2016 is the range I'm looking in) shortly. Ideally it will grace our driveway sometime in the next month or so.

We live in the Great White North, and the car will live outside all the time. She Who Must Be Obeyed has made it clear that other than 4 doors and a hatchback, heated front seats are the option she cares about.

My question: Has MS had heated front seats as standard from the beginning or do I need to watch for specific years?

I know that the back seats came with heaters as part of the Sub-Zero package, but they aren't a big deal. Fronts are.

I've noticed that a bunch of the used listings across the country don't specify this information, and it's hard to confirm on the photos provided, unless the seller happened to have the heaters on when taking pictures of the touch screen.

Cheers,
Ian Lisakowski
Winnipeg, MB
Canada

Reactions: cleverscreenam
Pretty sure heated front seats is standard across all Model S variants. When I was looking for mine I never saw one without.

Could also check the owners manuals for the years you are interested in if you want to know more.

Mine is a 2015 - great car, you will love it.

Yes both front seats are heated in all Model S cars.

The Subzero package adds:
-Heated rear seats (x3)
-Heated wipers (defrost lines in the windshield under blades)
-Heated windshield washer nozzles
-Heated steering wheel (starting in a few cars destined for cold climates late 2014 & then all w/Subzero early 2015)

• Informative
Reactions: cleverscreenam
Yes both front seats are heated in all Model S cars.

The Subzero package adds:
-Heated rear seats (x3)
2 in my case since I have executive rear seats. Interesting fact about the executive rear most don't know is the top of the seat back heater can be adjusted independently of the bottom seat
i-mWQSsdH-L.png