TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Heated seats from the App?

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by Freedom101, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Freedom101

Freedom101 Member

First cool morning since I received my X this summer. My wife asked me to heat the seats before we went for our Sunday Starbucks run and to my dismay, I can't find anything on the app? Is this not an option or am I just doing it wrong? If it's not on there, I mean common Elon! I know it's not a top priority in California but this would be nice in a few months :).

Cheers,

Mike

• Like x 1
  2. tccartier

tccartier Member

Interesting question. I know on my 2013 Chevrolet Volt the seat heaters could be set to automatic and therefore would turn themselves on during preconditioning through the app. I haven't looked to see if there is a setting somewhere on my M / S that will allow the seat heaters to turn on during preconditioning on particularly cold mornings or if it's just done automatically. Going to be awhile before I can find out we're still looming around triple digits here in southeast Arizona :)

3. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

In addition to the seats, I wish we can warm up the steering wheel remotely. That would come in handy this winter here in Toronto Canada, my first with the model S.

• Like x 1
  4. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

The wheel heats up quickly; 1 min or so. The seats take much longer, and I'd love to be able to turn them on remotely, too.

5. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

Seat heaters are not available from the API, so not available to any of the remote apps.

I suspect that the seat heater really heats YOUR seat, not the car seat. I doubt you would feel much difference in the temperature when you first sit down between pre-heated and not. Can you maybe do some testing to see if pre- heating helps?