Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated steering wheel for y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone on a non-Tesla FB group claims to work for a inner door panel supplier for Tesla.

Someone posted the changes to the 3 in that group and he or she said they were surprised because a new door panels are scheduled to start production in January.

I asked about the Y and he said those will start in July.

Piece this together with the missing but expected black headliner for the 3 and perhaps we will see continual changes for the 3 throughout the year which may or may not bring a heated steering wheel.

Again, this was a random person on Facebook to take that for what it is.

I think Tesla’s are like computers, if you wait to buy, you’ll always be waiting because continual improvements and upgrades and price reductions are coming.

It is so different from traditional ownership.

Someone on a non-Tesla FB group claims to work for a inner door panel supplier for Tesla.

Someone posted the changes to the 3 in that group and he or she said they were surprised because a new door panels are scheduled to start production in January.

I asked about the Y and he said those will start in July.

Piece this together with the missing but expected black headliner for the 3 and perhaps we will see continual changes for the 3 throughout the year which may or may not bring a heated steering wheel.

Again, this was a random person on Facebook to take that for what it is.

I think Tesla’s are like computers, if you wait to buy, you’ll always be waiting because continual improvements and upgrades and price reductions are coming.

It is so different from traditional ownership.
O yeah, i heard the same thing from my wife's uncle's high school bestfriend's daughter's exboyfriend's who works at Tesla head quarter as a janitor. Must be the same source.

All jokes aside, I think this is a non news, at least for now. No major news site are reporting it. It's just a rumor, just like the Model 3 is supposed to get air suspension. people keep saying it will happen, but still don't see it yet.

• Funny
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I ask the forum because sometimes people here know more than the sa and have read details on a website somewhere. Have a y on order and if someone heard it reliably id delay pickup as
Its rhe one feature id miss from the model s
if you want reliable source, just keep checking on the the major website. Teslarati, eletrek. most of the post here are what people read from website. I wouldn't trust a random person coming here posting about certain news without it being on a major news site.

Once I got a car with a heated steering wheel I said I would never get another car without it. Truly blessed. Ordered a Y Sept 30, so I guess I was wrong. Heated steering wheel is probably the most consistent feature of the pathfinder that I use in Ottawa. Though I am looking forward to preconditioning the car 1/2 hr before my return from the xcountry ski trails, which should negate needing the heated steering wheel.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Who knows as others have said - however -- with pre conditioning warming the cabin AND the vents right in front of the steering wheel its almost a useless option. Nice to have? sure - but remember - precondition and you will get into a toasty Y....
Preconditioning the cabin is not remotely as valuable as having a heated steering wheel. If you regularly see -15, -20 C on many winter days there is no substitution for a heated steering wheel. This is a 60k car. Get serious. My Leaf had one and it was 5 years old.

I’ll just note that the MY doesn’t have all of the updates that already exist on the M3, namely the new console. So hoping for items that don’t exist on either one yet is just that, hoping. While I’d like the new console and heated wheel, they won’t be showstoppers for me when I order in January.

So the article reads like a software update will turn it on. Has anyone opened up a metal scroll wheel steering wheel to see if that is the software update ready wheel or is it another one that is yet to be seen, probably when the 7 seater is available.

Reactions: Modulus1