TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Heated steering wheel not working after .16

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by JenniferQ, May 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Supporting Member

I left San Diego for a week and came back to winter! Tried to use my heated wheel today and it's not working at all. I didn't like the sticky setting, but I definitely use the heat when it's 50º outside. Called service and they could find no faults, so suggested it's likely software related. Did soft and hard reset of scroll wheels. Still not working. About to try the hard ebrake/poweroff option but wanted to check here, too. Anyone else seeing this issue? I expect our cold weather friends would notice it first, but didn't see any threads on this.

2. RichardL

RichardL Member

Its been very well documented in the main 2018.16 thread, and several others. Its well known, and I believe has been reported back to Tesla multiple times as well

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Supporting Member

Ok, thanks. I did a search and nothing came up. I'll see if mod can delete this then. Mod?

4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

If you want a mod to do something, please report your post. They can’t read every thread and there aren’t any bots scanning for ‘mods’ like reddit. :D

And, yeah, it’s best to look for firmware bug discussion in the main firmware threads which usually are created shortly after the firmware versions exist for a particular car.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.