TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Heated steering wheel not working

Discussion in 'Model S' started by fasteddie7, Mar 17, 2017.

1. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

my model S 60D September 2016's heated steering wheel suddenly stopped working. I've rebooted both screens, tried toggling settings on and off, nothing I do seems to work. Could it have really gone out this quickly? I have a service appointment in the first week of April for my 12,500 service so I can get it looked at then, but I'm also considering trading up to a AP2 model in which case I'm going to forgo the service but I'd like to sell it with everything working so if there is a fix I'd like to do it without a service appt. anyone with any experience?

2. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

They should fix under warranty, without doing the paid service. Ic that's the direction your leaning.

There is probably a relay somewhere that should be checked as a first step.

• Like x 1
  3. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

The problem somehow resolved itself. It was working great this morning. I'll have to keep trying it to see.