Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

Heated Steering Wheel on 2021 Model Y

Love the new heated steering wheel but boy does it get hot.

Has anyone else noticed how hot it gets ?

Maybe Tesla could give us a Hi and a Low setting.
I have noticed when I first hop in my car after preconditioning with the steering wheel on, it's quite hot (almost uncomfortable). Once I drive a little bit, the temperature seems to regulate itself to a comfortable level and stay that way the rest of the drive and I almost always leave it running.

I have never owned a car with a heated steering wheel before so I can't really compare. I will get sweaty hands though sometimes when driving which seems so bizarre to me (personal problems I guess!).

By that logic I would not need three settings on my seat heaters
or temperature controls on the climate system for heat or A.C.
yes, I am in that camp too. My X wheel gets too hot and it would be a nuisance to constantly cycle it on and off. I just turn it on before I drive along with letting the rest of the interior warm up and then hop in the car, turn it off and drive. Would be nice to have a software option to regulate it.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC