Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated steering wheel on app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I’m blind. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to activate the heated steering wheel from the app. I have seen pics of other models’ apps (older versions?) which show a clickable icon on the steering wheel but I don’t see that on my 2021 M3LR. Before anybody asks, yes I definitely have a heated steering wheel.

Attachments

• CD440E19-5264-43F8-97CC-7242BD70BDAA.png
    CD440E19-5264-43F8-97CC-7242BD70BDAA.png
    746.3 KB · Views: 435
Maybe I’m blind. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to activate the heated steering wheel from the app. I have seen pics of other models’ apps (older versions?) which show a clickable icon on the steering wheel but I don’t see that on my 2021 M3LR. Before anybody asks, yes I definitely have a heated steering wheel.
Odd.. mine shows it.. Android 11 though.. Maybe there is a feature disparity between the apple and android apps.

used the heated steering wheel and seats today for the first time.. is great.

I dont have a heated steeering wheel so I dont know... but one thing that tripped me up in the new app is that, in that screen you are showing in the picture you uploaded, you can drag UP and there might be more controls down there.

The little line there in the bottom / middle, right above the interior / exterior temperature.... try dragging UP right there and see if the control is down there. Like I said, I have no idea if its there or not because I dont have a heated wheel, but, in my app, thats where you can remote defrost the windows.

Reactions: VivekDr
I dont have a heated steeering wheel so I dont know... but one thing that tripped me up in the new app is that, in that screen you are showing in the picture you uploaded, you can drag UP and there might be more controls down there.

The little line there in the bottom / middle, right above the interior / exterior temperature.... try dragging UP right there and see if the control is down there. Like I said, I have no idea if its there or not because I dont have a heated wheel, but, in my app, thats where you can remote defrost the windows.
Yes I have the same swipe up option which shows defrost but nothing else.

I had used the heated steering from the app a week ago on my Sep’21 3lr but since I updated the Tesla app 4.2.0 about 2 days ago it is no longer showing as an option under Climate , I was able to simply tap the steering wheel, similar to the seats. The seats still work from the app though. Car also has latest update 2021.32.21
I suspect it is a bug in the app and will be fixed soon , hopefully!!!

SOLVED! The updated Tesla app 4.2.0 on iOS 15 now shows a sliver of the heated steering wheel icon in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I noticed a tiny cutoff white thing that I tried to click but would do nothing and wondered what it was. I decided to jump in the car and turn on the heated steering while the app was open to observe if anything changes and wouldn’t you know that tiny sliver of an icon went from white to amber so it somehow got bumped almost completely off the screen rendering it unclickable. Hopefully they correct this asap. Winter is coming…

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
SOLVED! The updated Tesla app 4.2.0 on iOS 15 now shows a sliver of the heated steering wheel icon in the upper left hand corner of the screen. I noticed a tiny cutoff white thing that I tried to click but would do nothing and wondered what it was. I decided to jump in the car and turn on the heated steering while the app was open to observe if anything changes and wouldn’t you know that tiny sliver of an icon went from white to amber so it somehow got bumped almost completely off the screen rendering it unclickable. Hopefully they correct this asap. Winter is coming…
I notice the same thing.

Even better news, with the IOS Tesla 4.2.1 app and the latest 2021.36.8 version, you will now be able to view Sentry live footage from this version of the app (though not recorded footage, yet anyway). A Caveat though, you will need premium connection to be able to do so. Seemingly Tesla have also stopped the year free subs for all their models and now just giving 1 month free from last week.

My apologies for the large pic attachment. It was sent using my phone and of course it wasn't that large when I posted it via the phone app. Now that I'm on my PC it is larger then it needs to be. Mods can you resize this smaller or delete that attachment? Is that possible cause I am not able to edit afterwards. Thanks.

Even better news, with the IOS Tesla 4.2.1 app and the latest 2021.36.8 version, you will now be able to view Sentry live footage from this version of the app (though not recorded footage, yet anyway). A Caveat though, you will need premium connection to be able to do so. Seemingly Tesla have also stopped the year free subs for all their models and now just giving 1 month free from last week.
Sweet! Although I just installed 2021.36.5.5 tonight so who knows when I’ll get 2021.36.8.