Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated steering wheel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the X75D have a heated steering wheel? How do you turn it on? I haven't found the control yet.

It was not a standard feature, it was an option feature but all Model Xs were available to get it as an option.

Premium Upgrade Package if it's a recent build. (Post June 2017) You can determine if it has the PUP by looking on your dash. If it's got a fuzzy piece on the passenger side dash then you have it.

If you have an older car (Built before June 2017) then you were able to get the Subzero package without getting the PUP. You can tell if you have the subzero package by going to your controls and selecting cold weather. Hint: If your rear seats aren't heated, you don't have the subzero package and you don't have the heated steering wheel.

OK, I found it. Really hidden. You have to choose Controls from the touchscreen menu, then Cold Weather. Then there is a really small icon that looks like a steering wheel. What about the icon next to that? It looks like a windshield with a wiper on it and some heat waves? What does that do?

Last edited:
Including a picture for anyone else referencing this thread.

Pic 1:
Black circle = menu selection
Red circles = heated seats.
Blue circle = heated steering wheel
Green circle = heated wipers
Yellow circle = rear defroster and turns on heated side mirrors. Side mirrors will glow red when on. (Shown in pic 2)
8AC80497-36A7-4351-AC9E-30FA0E45F8C2.jpeg

image.jpg

Also, owners manual can be found in the center screen at any time in case there’s more questions. Pic 3 shows the description for cold weather.

C3FC4DCB-458D-4ED2-8485-125B4CF29B2B.jpeg

@Airport Dog The 'landing' area of the wipers has a heater element so on very cold mornings this will heat and 'release' frozen wiper blades

Wow. I lived in Sweden for 10 years and cannot remember this problem. Below -8C, my windows used to freeze shut, and it once got down to -26C. But I don't remember the wipers freezing in place. I wonder what the back story is behind this.

Wow. I lived in Sweden for 10 years and cannot remember this problem. Below -8C, my windows used to freeze shut, and it once got down to -26C. But I don't remember the wipers freezing in place. I wonder what the back story is behind this.

I live in Switzerland and had the problem very often in winter on my old cars! I love this heater for the wipers and I love the heated steering wheel!

Reactions: Airport Dog
Definitely like the heated steering wheel, now that I know how to turn it on. I kept looking for the control where it was on the Mercedes S500, on the left stalk. But that turns on the wipers on the Tesla Model X. I never thought you had to crawl through screen menus.

I've suggested a change to add the Heated Steering Wheel control to the always present climate controls as follows: Suggested User Interface Change - Climate Control

I'm not holding my breath.

Mike

Reactions: Airport Dog

It’s also useful when driving in a wet snow storm. The heated wipers prevent icy buIldup on the wipers.

I've suggested a change to add the Heated Steering Wheel control to the always present climate controls as follows: Suggested User Interface Change - Climate Control

I'm not holding my breath.

Mike

I think that’s a bit busy, but wouldn’t mind having it in the dash menu to be steering wheel controlled along with the phone contacts, temp control, etc.