Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated Steering Wheel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i think it's very unlikely to happen unless there is some competitive pressure down the road. They are pushing a lot of this stuff as premium features for the S and X. Maybe in a few years?

Big mistake on Tesla’s part. We’ve had two Leafs with heated steering wheel. It’s the #1 complaint my wife has about her 3, and one of the top 5 things I love about my X. #2 on my wife’s complaints was lack of power lift gate on 3. At least that’s been addressed.

They’ve gone to the trouble to add a heat pump. And no heated wheel. Seriously?

A heated steering wheel is something that's really missing from my Model 3. Do you think we'll get one in the Y?
Funny, on the Insideevs website, which I call the rah rah tesla website, they did a "premium ev SUV" comparison with the iPace...yet you can't get a heated steering wheel on the Y...so really not so premium IMO. Kind of 'base' if you ask me. Let the disagrees fly, warm weather people.
Dzm

A heated steering wheel is something that's really missing from my Model 3. Do you think we'll get one in the Y?

This is a big failure point on Tesla’s part. No, pre-heating IS NOT a replacement for a heated steering wheel. Its easy to say it’s not necessary when you experience moderate winters. No, NH/ NY/ NJ/ MA are not cold in the winter. Montreal is. My Leaf had one and it was indispensable 5 months of the year.

Reactions: MrWattson
I had an X that I traded in after 103k miles for a Y. One of the biggest disappointments has been the missing heated steering wheel. In winter it was very handy to offset the need for cabin heat. We will find out this winter how the mileage keeps up when we are forced to use the heat pump all the time.