Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated Steering Wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For some reason, when the heated seats and heated steering wheel are on, the heated seats stay on next time the car is turned on, but the heated steering wheel turns off. It seems that these two things should have the same behavior. I'm not sure if that's a bug or intentional for some reason. Either way, it has been cold here lately so I have been turning on the heated steering wheel. To do this you have to go Controls > Cold Weather > Heated Wheel. I was thinking it would be nice if they just added the steering wheel heat toggle on the heated seat pop-up. This would be quicker, and it puts the driver heat options all in one easy access spot. I made a quick copy-paste mock-up to demonstrate what I mean.
CyTf0qWUAAAh2bG.jpg

Comments?

If Tesla exposes an API for this feature, it can be included in some of the 3rd-party phone apps. It could be available on the main screen for convenience or it could be programmed to automatically turn on under certain conditions like:
- at a certain time of day
- if internal car temperature is below a set value at a certain time of day (e.g. below 32F at 7am)
- if weather forecast is below a set value at a certain time of day
- if heated seats are turned on

Reactions: disagree