Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated steering wheels and rear seats in SR+ Model 3s remotely activated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla begins remotely activating heated steering wheels and rear seats in SR+ Model 3s

Question to 2021 M3 SR+ owners: do any of you noticed these new options remotely added in your M3's? Apparently, only M3's delivered after November 1st will get the update, but I'm wondering if some people with deliveries earlier than that received the update already.

Mine was delivered in May so I really doubt I will wake up tomorrow and tell my kid he will now have his own heated seat on his way to school but who knows.

Tesla begins remotely activating heated steering wheels and rear seats in SR+ Model 3s

Question to 2021 M3 SR+ owners: do any of you noticed these new options remotely added in your M3's? Apparently, only M3's delivered after November 1st will get the update, but I'm wondering if some people with deliveries earlier than that received the update already.

Mine was delivered in May so I really doubt I will wake up tomorrow and tell my kid he will now have his own heated seat on his way to school but who knows.
I took delivery of my SR+ in May as well. I’m hoping we’ll at least get the option to pay to unlock the heated steering wheel feature.

Reactions: Puzuk
It would be nice if it happened. I've read somewhere that Model 3 SR+'s from China after Jan 21 could get the update but I suspect that is just wishful thinking. Imagine the cost logistics from ppl who have bought the heated £300 upgrade for the rear seats complaining.....

I have a Sep '21 SR+ and I'm not holding my breath. I thought I'd read a while back that the US-made 2021 cars had some, but not all, of the hardware required for the heated steering wheel. Like Puzuk said, Tesla would have a lot of 'splaining to do for people who bought the $300 rear seat upgrade only to find out the upgrade was free for everyone else.

I have a Sep '21 SR+ and I'm not holding my breath. I thought I'd read a while back that the US-made 2021 cars had some, but not all, of the hardware required for the heated steering wheel. Like Puzuk said, Tesla would have a lot of 'splaining to do for people who bought the $300 rear seat upgrade only to find out the upgrade was free for everyone else.
That's why I'm not holding my breath either... Damn.

Reactions: Baluchi
I picked up my SR+ Nov 10. I was told by a rep that my car rolled off the assembly line Oct 31 and it has the steering wheel heating hardware but it's "not enabled". His guess was that it would be enabled with my next update, but this has not happened yet. I don't even have the option to enable rear heated seats like I had with my 2020 SR+. Still running with 35.102.1 and hoping for the best.

Devils Advocate but..

You (and others) bought the car that was advertised to you, with the specification that was listed at the time. You’re not entitled to features or changes made post-purchase.

Yes it sucks that Tesla have made a $300 option free for people who bought after a certain date, and enabled a heated steering wheel, but they’ve also increased the price more than once too.

Unfortunately Teslas are more like tech than cars, in terms of incremental improvements. We’re used to cars having “facelifts” with a suite of upgrades but the Tesla way is to add (and sometimes remove) stuff as and when they feel like it.

Sometimes the time at which you buy the car is fortuitous, other times it’s not.

My 2021 Model 3 SR+ build date is Nov 1, and I am still on factory software "2021.35.102.2". No heated steering wheel or rear heated seats (do have option to pay $300 for rear seats), and no FSD beta button.
Waiting for first software update to see if it changes anything.