Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated wheel and rear seats being enabled on SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SR delivered 26th j vin #383XXX

Firmware: 36.5.5

Heated wheel and heated rear seat not enabled. No option in the app to purchase rear heated seats.

CS seem to think the car doesn't have the ability to have them activated. Which is strange because all SR could have rear heated seats, even with a paid for upgrade. Seems more like a soft lockout.

Heated wheel and heated rear seat not enabled. No option in the app to purchase rear heated seats.

CS seem to think the car doesn't have the ability to have them activated. Which is strange because all SR could have rear heated seats, even with a paid for upgrade. Seems more like a soft lockout.
When did you receive your VIN?

Same firmware and no heated wheel or rear seats, although the guy I spoke to when collecting suggested this is coming at some point.

Would be interesting to know what firmware people are on that have had it enabled, pretty sure a few on this forum have it now?

If you’ve got no ability to purchase the rear heated seats then I’d suggest it’s only a matter of time before it gets switched on, along with the steering wheel, remotely.

You may or may not have to chase Tesla, it might happen on the next software update, or randomly when connected to wifi.

I would not panic unduly at this point. I think not being able to purchase the rear seat heating is actually a good sign.

Reactions: Simonix

Same Firmware, same Vin Sequence and no activation for me either as of yet.

Firmware and enabled features are not related. A feature such as heated seats/steering can be enabled/disabled OTA at any time. If it was a feature of the car when ordered, or your car meets the criteria to have it enabled, then it is more than likely going to get automatically enabled without you having to do anything or even noticing. Also worth reiterating, never believe anything that Tesla tell you. You can ask 5 people at Tesla the same question and get 6 different answers. Most people at Tesla seem not to be able to say "I don't know" and would rather just come up with any old answer. Unfortunately those answers are often perpetuated as fact simply because it came from Tesla when in reality it was likely to just be an answer to make you go away.

Last edited:
I'll throw my 2p in. When I spoke to CS and asked, they said my car was ordered when rear heated seats or steering wheel option wasn't available. I didn't think it was coming, plus it was ordered when the old battery/range was stated on the website.

Then when CS told me I had the new battery, I was a bit shocked, so I asked about the steering wheel and seats and they said I wouldn't have that because of when I ordered it......even though I have the new battery.

Makes no sense whatsoever. I believe any cars with the new battery probably have the hardware for heated steering wheel and rear seats.

I'll throw my 2p in. When I spoke to CS and asked, they said my car was ordered when rear heated seats or steering wheel option wasn't available. I didn't think it was coming, plus it was ordered when the old battery/range was stated on the website.

Then when CS told me I had the new battery, I was a bit shocked, so I asked about the steering wheel and seats and they said I wouldn't have that because of when I ordered it......even though I have the new battery.

Makes no sense whatsoever. I believe any cars with the new battery probably have the hardware for heated steering wheel and rear seats.

I ordered before you (12th September) but have written confirmation my car will have new battery, heated rear seats and heated wheel. I think as others have said you'll get a different answer depending on who you talk to which doesn't help.

Oh that's interesting. Did you get that from CS?

Yea, I rang them to ask about the V5 document and they confirmed spec details, got them to email me a copy which came from [email protected]

I can confirm the car that has been allocated to you will come with the increase range (305 WLTP tested) and the heated steering wheel and heated seats as standard. This will have an acceleration speed, 0-60 of 5.6s.

Car updated to 2021.40.6 just now and still nothing so that update hasnt sparked the OTA update to enable them. Think its just going to be a wait and see situation and try to chase it in the new year maybe? I am inclined to think some will have it and some wont, which is odd seeing as they all seem to have been updated with the new battery pack.

Car updated to 2021.40.6 just now and still nothing so that update hasnt spaked the OTA update to enable them. Think its just going to be a wait and see situation and try to chase it in the new year maybe? I am inclined to think some will have it and some wont, which is odd seeing as they all seem to have been updated with the new battery pack.
Exact same situation with me. Now running 40.6, but no extra heated interior….

Not overly fussed, as I still have a tad more range and the original 0-60.

from what I've heard its not car software related. It gets switched on remotely and I'm almost certain there were one or two people in the Q4 delivery thread that woke up one morning to the features enabled. I wouldn't sweat it, it'll come at some stage to you

Reactions: Adapsys
Just tried ringing Tesla about this.

The guy I spoke to didn't even know about it? Said it's the first he's heard of it, and to try emailing customer service so they can go back through the call logs to find someone who does know?!
Tesla customer services are a shambles, how they still don't have a clear answer on this is beyond me.

Reactions: Simonix