Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated wheel and rear seats being enabled on SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just tried ringing Tesla about this.

The guy I spoke to didn't even know about it? Said it's the first he's heard of it, and to try emailing customer service so they can go back through the call logs to find someone who does know?!
yeah the one time I sent them an email....two months ago, I never got a reply. Absolute waste of time emailing them in my opinion. I tried calling them yesterday and got cut off three times after a wait of 10 minutes.

I have a horrible feeling about this for some of you, it may be down to exactly when you car was built (to the day) as it didn't have them on one days production, and did the next and who's to say which side of the line you were on. Its also been said in a few posts you can't rely on Tesla customer services.

It doesn't make an awful lot of sense for cars that DON'T have the hardware also can't pay to unlock at least the rear heated seats in the app. I presume this is still an option for earlier SR+ owners, i.e. it hasn't been removed completely.

If it were me who had just taken delivery of a SR+ without any of this stuff enabled (i've heard some people haven't got any heated functionality at all) I'd be kicking off with my local service centre about how it was something I expected to be able to have & pay to unlock, etc.

If there's a cutoff of VINs where the hardware is there (which would explain the lack of option to unlock it) then I would expect Tesla to unlock it OTA for those people, although that process might be done in waves over a period of time.

I have a horrible feeling about this for some of you, it may be down to exactly when you car was built (to the day) as it didn't have them on one days production, and did the next and who's to say which side of the line you were on. Its also been said in a few posts you can't rely on Tesla customer services.
Yep. Remember when the heated steering wheel came out on the LR?

Some bloke on Twitter was like "Erm, I've got a heated steering wheel, lads.". There was absolutely no pre-announcement about it, and it didn't subsequently appear on the website features list for weeks.

The hardware is there for rear seats, it makes no sense that it has been removed for 2 weeks.

The hardware is rumoured to be there for the wheel since earlier q's.

Complications arrise when people paid to upgrade rear seats in earlier q's

I think we're waiting on Tesla to enable the menu system

The hardware is there for rear seats, it makes no sense that it has been removed for 2 weeks.

The hardware is rumoured to be there for the wheel since earlier q's.

Complications arrise when people paid to upgrade rear seats in earlier q's

I think we're waiting on Tesla to enable the menu system
Why would that be difficult? It's all there for the LR and P models and some owners have reported they have the option enabled.

Maybe the question to ask is -

If you have taken delviery of an SR+ and have the heated steering wheel enabled, what VIN do you have?

Just the last 6 digits would do, and if you're cautious block out the last 3 ie 123xxx

Others can then look and see if they're before or after that VIN. No point posting if you don't have it as that doesn't really help.

Reactions: BlueM3SR

It's Tesla. They changed the external design of the steering wheel for a few months and then changed the internals to make it heated.

Prior to that they stopped fitting heated wing mirrors to the M3 for a bit (or was it dimmed?).

Half the time it looks like they find an old box of bits in the store room and just go "may as well use this up".

Guess what has just got activated.

Standard Plus LRW-9-388xxx

Attachments

• 20211201_174813.jpg
    20211201_174813.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 73
Well bah humbug to the lot of you.

My September car missed out on:
  • Extra reversing light and bigger indicators (by < 2 weeks)
  • Heated rear seats
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Bigger battery
However, it cost £2K less 🥳
😂 Erm actually….the £2k price increase was after I ordered. But I’m sure next few months there will be a load of new stuff I won’t get too. Premium hifi for Q1?!

Reactions: Karlcole and page3
Unfortunately Teslas always seem to be changing in some form or another. There isn’t a “facelift” spec like you get with other cars. There’s talk of Model Ys coming with lithium 12v batteries, and a Ryzen based MCU, which I imagine will trickle down to Model 3 as well before too long.

This new development of free heated steering wheel and rear seats is a nice bonus for the Q4 people 👍

Reactions: MrBadger