Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated Windshield wiper blades for 22' Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s about time, I first saw that on a Chrysler mini van several years ago and wondered why it wasn’t on more vehicles, and they could package it as part of COLD WEATHER option package if needed. Folks that don’t need it shouldn’t have to pat for it, but I would gladly buy it.

Upvote 0
Any sense on which VINs have the heated wipers?

My pick-up date is Feb 16 and my vin is a NF372
My 1/20 delivered, NF360 has them. If you have V11 you can look on the defroster screen. Button is next to heated steering wheel button.
D1181A4F-F93E-43C5-8D6F-8F44625A65A9.jpeg

You can also look under the passenger side front windshield (take picture through front hinge opening) and see if you have 3 pucks with wires.
4B3503F7-A896-4E62-A4DF-D991ECE5AACD.jpeg

2022 MY

7394C3EE-BDC8-4CD8-9CEB-86931D460F0D.jpeg

2021 MY
Since the 2021 MY has two pucks, any idea what they do? Assuming the 3rd puck is for the heater?

Reactions: Redline_
Upvote 0
Picked up our MYP a week ago and have had one 2021 update thus far. When do these updates come? Randomly?
The version you are on is a factory version. In most cases your first normal update will happen around 2-8 weeks from pickup.

See this post for more info on updates…

Note: This discussion was originally part of Post #1 of Thread Trying to Make Sense of Recent Software Versions.... Apparently, the information table there became so large that extra language had to be jetisoned.

Discussion: What If Your Car is “Frozen” at a Particular Software Version?

Tesla owners have come to enjoy fairly frequent software (firmware) updates that can revitalize and improve vehicle operations. Customers now anticipate and look forward to major software roll-outs that bring exciting and innovative new features. A downside is that software update delays can create understandable anxiety and frustration. But not all complaints are fully justified. Based on TMC posts, there are a number of more-or-less legitimate reasons why a car has not received a particular software update.
  • New cars may not at first receive software updates, sometimes for months.
  • Tesla software roll-outs may be slow-paced and/or target subsets of cars rather than the whole population.
  • Releases can seemingly drag out for days and even weeks. This can be normal.
  • Updates may not apply to specific model-years, regions/countries, MCUs, and vehicles with particular hardware.
  • For various known and unknown reasons, not all cars get all updates and at the same time.
  • Updates may sometimes be hindered by other factors (e.g., inadequate WiFi connectivity).
Some tips, observations, and suggestions:
  1. If you are in the USA, read Tesla’s description about its software updates here: Tesla Software Updates (USA). (For other countries, check your Tesla website for support on this issue.)

2. Be aware that if your car is new, it probably received special factory-installed firmware (e.g., 2021.35.102.2) that (a) is apparently intended to stay with the car for an unspecified initial “breaking in” period (my words, not an official description) and (b) takes time (e.g., 1 to 2 months) to be replaced by regular software updates (“Production Builds”).

As I say in Post #3, below, my guess is that the reason for this is so that the car can be "tested" for a couple of months to iron out any bugs, electronic or otherwise, before it starts receiving normal software updates. That way, if the owner finds any problems they will not be due to new software.

3. Tesla releases updates in sporadic batches or waves, often slowly, seemingly car-by-car, over time. This is probably so that if serious unforeseen problems materialize any resulting impacts can be contained within smaller groups of cars (rather than world-wide) and the range of impacts minimized. (See TMC Forum Reference; Post #14.)

4. Sometimes otherwise seemingly eligible cars may skip updates for one reason or another. (See TMC Forum Reference; Post #9.) The bottom line: a car (or its owner) that has not received an update does not necessarily have a problem.

5. It is not unusual for Tesla cars to have different software at any one time. That is pretty much standard. There are many reasons for this.

6. At the same time, if you are “frozen” at a particular software version, you are probably not alone. There may be many other cars in exactly the same situation. Unfortunately, most of us are not privy to all the decision-making that goes into Tesla software development and distribution, or necessarily aware of what other drivers are experiencing. And unless you follow software upload tracking sites like Teslascope or Teslafi (which sample their respective customer bases) you may be unaware of the extents of different roll-outs and the varieties of different software versions out there.

7. The Thread mentioned above was intended to help answer some (not all) questions about late 2021 software updates:
    (a) Determine where you are in the greater scheme of software versions.
    (b) Confirm that you are in a normal "Production Build" or special "FSD Beta Testing" build track. (These are not official names.)
    (c) See what features your car should have (subject to certain restrictions).
    (d) Evaluate the differences in features between the two "branches" (or "tracks").
    (e) Help establish (up to a certain point) whether your car truly should have a particular software version.
    (f) Understand more in general about the way Tesla releases its software updates.

But Post #1 of that Thread cannot expand forever. Instead, readers are directed to no a tesla app for ongoing information about subsequent Tesla software releases.

8. Based on TMC Forum comments, there may not be much you can do to speed up or initiate software updates. In this case, patience really is a virtue. However, here are a few tips from TMC commenters:

9. In your car's (central display) "Software" screen, change the setting for software updates to "Advanced."

10. If you do not have "Premium Connectivity," be sure your car has extended access to a solid, reliable, WiFi network where it is routinely parked.

11. Some posters suggest that it is important that the car "sleeps" occasionally. (May not help; can't hurt.)

12. Since owner's can learn about software updates in at least two ways--from the center display screen (under "Software") and in the Tesla App--it may be helpful to have a reasonably up-to-date Android phone or iPhone with the latest Tesla app version.

13. If you are in either the Early Access or the FSD Beta Testing programs, and have not received software updates you think you should, you can try contacting Tesla at [email protected] and [email protected], respectively.

14. Some (not all) have had luck having ("Production Build") software pushed by Tesla Service.
    (a) Use the Tesla App.
    (b) Under "Service" / "Request Service" / "Software" check the "Update" circle.
    (c) Add something like "No software updates - Please check" in an accompanying message.

Service can apparently check your car remotely, see if software updates have failed, and push an available (non-FSD Beta) update. (See TMC Forum Reference; Post #3.)

15. If you are applying for or already in the FSD Beta testing program, you can opt out on your car's center display screen (under "Autopilot," I believe) or by contacting the FSD Beta program email (in #13, above).

16. Use the TMC Forum search function--there are many threads and posts that discuss software updates and downloads. For example, try this Thread: When Do I Get MY FSD Beta Update.

17. As always, if you have any successful ideas, please share.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dimundz
Upvote 0
My 1/20 delivered, NF360 has them. If you have V11 you can look on the defroster screen. Button is next to heated steering wheel button.
View attachment 769552

You can also look under the passenger side front windshield (take picture through front hinge opening) and see if you have 3 pucks with wires.
View attachment 769553
2022 MY

View attachment 769554
2021 MY
Since the 2021 MY has two pucks, any idea what they do? Assuming the 3rd puck is for the heater?
There is a trace that goes up to the top of the windshield to heat the camera housing. The other would be a ground return. See HERE

Reactions: Mrbrock
Upvote 0