Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated Windshield wiper blades for 22' Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 1/20 delivered, NF360 has them. If you have V11 you can look on the defroster screen. Button is next to heated steering wheel button.
View attachment 769552

You can also look under the passenger side front windshield (take picture through front hinge opening) and see if you have 3 pucks with wires.
View attachment 769553
2022 MY

View attachment 769554
2021 MY
Since the 2021 MY has two pucks, any idea what they do? Assuming the 3rd puck is for the heater?
Is the older car with 2 wires instead of 3 missing the camera heater or the wiper hearer?

Upvote 0
Is the older car with 2 wires instead of 3 missing the camera heater or the wiper hearer?
I don't think so. The heated cameras for Dashcam, preconditioning were added via a software update. The wiper heating just directs warm air to the bottom of the windshield where the wipers rest (there are no heating elements in the wiper blades or wiper arms, the wiper arms just house the washer fluid hose and spray head(s).)

Upvote 0
I don't think so. The heated cameras for Dashcam, preconditioning were added via a software update. The wiper heating just directs warm air to the bottom of the windshield where the wipers rest (there are no heating elements in the wiper blades or wiper arms, the wiper arms just house the washer fluid hose and spray head(s).)
This is incorrect. There are electric elements in the windshield under where the wiper arms rest. There are other posts with pictures that show the defrosted area.

• Informative
Reactions: jcanoe
Upvote 0
This is incorrect. There are electric elements in the windshield under where the wiper arms rest. There are other posts with pictures that show the defrosted area.
My 2020 LRMY does not have this feature. The release notes for 2022.4.5 states:

Windshield Wiper Defrost (only for newly built Model 3/Y)

Clear snow and ice from your wiper blades by turning on windshield wiper defrost for improved visibility. To enable, tap the wiper defrost icon in the Climate control popup. Wiper defrost will automatically turn off after 30 minutes and will only activate when temperatures drop before 50°F (10°C) when enabled.
Can the windshield wiper defrost be left On in Automatic mode or must you activate it each time you want to defrost the wipers (30 minutes at a time.) If the outside temperature is below 50F will the windshield wiper defrost activate while preconditioning and selecting the defrost option from the Tesla app?

Upvote 0