Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heater behaviour

XY2B

Mar 14, 2020
Ont. Canada
It seems like the higher setting of the fan bloewr, the colder the air coming out!
Try this and let me know, set heater temp to Hi, set fan blower to 5, wait until air us hot, now set blower temp to 10, wait a minute or 2, air blowing cold!?
If you try it, let me know before I schedule a service call...thx

HotIce

Dec 18, 2020
MD
It seems like the higher setting of the fan bloewr, the colder the air coming out!
Try this and let me know, set heater temp to Hi, set fan blower to 5, wait until air us hot, now set blower temp to 10, wait a minute or 2, air blowing cold!?
If you try it, let me know before I schedule a service call...thx

There is a technical Service Bulletin for this very issue that was issued yesterday. Schedule a service appointment and they'll replace the sensors.

XY2B

Mar 14, 2020
Ont. Canada
My car was at the SC in Oakville Friday of last week. They claim they replaced all sensors (all 3 of the, he said).
What a waste if time. I own 2 teslas, never brought any if them to the SC and git the issue fixed. I learned to live with Tesla with issues!
Oakville SC in Ont. Canada is the worst.

PagodaY

Dec 23, 2019
Hudson Valley, NY
XY2B - My heater blows cold sometimes also. I'd like to try your experiment, but I'm not sure what you mean by setting the "blower temp to 10". If by "10" you mean 10c, then of course it would blow cold. Could you clarify this?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC