Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heater not maintaining settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been noticing every day when I get in my car, the temperature (set to HI in the winter) is still maintained, but the directional setting for air flow is changed to the lower (towards the feet) direction instead of the towards the face setting that I prefer. Also, the toggle for A/C is on while I have to consistently turn it off every day. Each time I get back in to the car throughout the day, it resets and I have to change the air flow direction and turn off the AC manually. The repetitive nature without a solution is getting to be more than an annoyance.

Anyone have experience dealing with this issue?

I am having exactly the same problem. It is incredibly annoying. It does exactly what you described: turns on the AC compressor, and switches the air flow to feet (usually).

For a while I thought it was a result of turning on the heater from the app. However it seems to do it whether I turn on heat from the app or wait until I get in the car.

I thought perhaps I could avoid the problem by turning the heat *off* from the app (in other words, turn on heat from the app, let it heat up, then turn it off from the app, then get in the car). The first time I tried it, it worked. But it hasn't worked since then. I believe the first time was a fluke.

I have loved many, many things about my Teslas. This, however, has been a constant annoyance in the wintertime. If anyone has a workaround it would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: beachmiles