Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #34 is available now with topics timestamped. We covered Tesla's rollercoaster prices, Toyota pushing junk science, Mike's new Model 3, Optimizing track mode for snow driving, FSD V11 apparently coming by the end of this week, and more. You can watch and check out the chat replay on YouTube.

Tam

Nov 25, 2012
Visalia, CA
...Is there any way to tell if the heater (or air conditioner) is actually on...

If it's 32F outdoor and the cabin is 100F under the sun, I can turn off the A/C and turn only the fan on to bring the temperature down (or roll down the window).

That's how I know it's off and not on.

However, there's no button to turn off heater. I can adjust the temperature setting and the heater would automatically on or off based on the setting but there's no indicated lights for me to tell whether the heater is on or off.

• Helpful
Reactions: beachmiles

MorrisonHiker

Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
Where is the color changing and can you tell if it's the heater that's on or the AC?
The temperature at the bottom of the center screen. You can hold it in to turn it on or off and see it changes color slightly. It's not very noticeable. You can't tell if it is the AC or heat that is on.

If you tap it to bring up the HVAC controls you can see a power button and turn things on or off there as well. Not the best interface

Yet another thread about the need for more HVAC controls. We need 2 temp setpoints like the Nest. My personal low setpoint would be 60F and my high would be 72F. In this range no heater or AC will come on, only the vent if I desire. Below or above these setpoints the heater or AC will come on automatically. Saving tons of energy and frustration in the process.
Trying sum up all the links here but may need to make a separate thread that lumps all the threads from all the tesla forums over the years for this feature request.
Don't want heater on damn it!

Reactions: Hugh Mannity
Yet another thread about the need for more HVAC controls. We need 2 temp setpoints like the Nest. My personal low setpoint would be 60F and my high would be 72F. In this range no heater or AC will come on, only the vent if I desire. Below or above these setpoints the heater or AC will come on automatically. Saving tons of energy and frustration in the process.
Trying sum up all the links here but may need to make a separate thread that lumps all the threads from all the tesla forums over the years for this feature request.
Don't want heater on damn it!

this ^^. Would definitely love that ability too.

• Love
Reactions: beachmiles

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC