Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heater won’t stay on after recent update.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The heater on my 2018 Model 3 AWD, is acting up right after the recent 2021.44.6 update. (Not sure if the update has any part in it though. )

The heater might turn on, but won’t stay on. Sometimes it runs for 10 min, sometimes 1 min. Sometimes it won’t even go on.
I plan on taking it in to be checked by service, but thought I would see if anyone else is having the same problem. I’m hoping it’s a software glitch.

The heater on my 2018 Model 3 AWD, is acting up right after the recent 2021.44.6 update. (Not sure if the update has any part in it though. )

The heater might turn on, but won’t stay on. Sometimes it runs for 10 min, sometimes 1 min. Sometimes it won’t even go on.
I plan on taking it in to be checked by service, but thought I would see if anyone else is having the same problem. I’m hoping it’s a software glitch.
Still on 36.8, sorry

I got the Dec. 25th. update and lost the heater, seat heaters, defrost, steering heat, and side mirror adjustments. Tech support thinks they can fix it on Monday. It'll be a cold 30 minute drive.

I got the Dec. 25th. update and lost the heater, seat heaters, defrost, steering heat, and side mirror adjustments. Tech support thinks they can fix it on Monday. It'll be a cold 30 minute drive.
Interesting. I haven’t driven much since the update, but it has been working the few times I have.
I guess it’s possible the new update corrected it.
I’ll let you know in a few days.
Thanks.

My heater stopped working after V. 11 update. Of course, I don't know if it is related but it is a notable coincidence. The other notable coincidence is my city is having a record cold spell--22 days below 0C. The message on the screen says: "Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault." I have re-set the the vehicle and this did not help. Occasionally when I try to start the heater from the app, it appear to go "on" and the interior temp appears to go up (as much as 3 degrees C). However, I have driven the car and there is no heat. I live 1600 kms away from a service center and the road to Vancouver have been largely disabled due to massive rains. I need suggestions and help!