Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heating/Cabin temperature incorrect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the UK, coming out of Winter so the temp is only around 10 celsius (50 Fahrenheit) outside so turned on my heating via the mobile app like I normally do and noticed it showed blue arrows which I've never seen before and when I went out in the car, the heating was only blowing out lukewarm air and not hot and toasty like usual.
I've noticed my cabin temperature shows much hotter than normal and currently shows as 26 celsius even though the car is parked outside, not been used today and is only 10 celsius outside right now so there is no way its that hot inside.
Is this a sensor issue and is there anything I can do to fix it?
I had the 2020.8.1 update overnight and that hasn't fixed the problem which started yesterday.

Actually it probably was 26c in the car due to solar heating, and the blue arrows show that it is cooling the car!

No, It can't be that temp. There is no sun today and very windy and its always been between 1 celsius and 13 celsius and I've never seen it higher than 14 celsius since getting the car in Late December.
I use the 'climate on' from app daily so theres deffo something unusual going on.

No, It can't be that temp. There is no sun today and very windy and its always been between 1 celsius and 13 celsius and I've never seen it higher than 14 celsius since getting the car in Late December.
I use the 'climate on' from app daily so theres deffo something unusual going on.

The temperature inside the car can be much more than the outside temperature due to the glass roof. Yesterday, for example it was about 20℃ outside and 38℃ inside. If you think the sensor is wrong, you can buy a thermometer and compare the results.

With that big glass roof, it isn't hard to get up there in temps. My car was parked under a roof, in the shade yesterday (well, actually under the approach ramp for a bridge) 70 degs outside, 90 in the car

Mine has been fairly accurate. The highest temp I've seen inside was 146 degrees with an outside temp of around 90. And that's with a sun shield. Cabin Overheat Protection usually keeps it around 99-100 degrees. That day it was off. Now I pay a lot more attention during the day and vent / turn climate on if necessary.

The car reads the cabin temperature at a sensor under the center screen. It’s going to take a while before the surfaces inside the car are close to the same temperature. If the car is putting out warmish air, it means that’s the heating required to maintain the set point. If you get in after 5 minutes of preheating, the cabin will likely be cool and the air coming out of the vents warm. After a bit more time, the cabin will warm some, but the air temp out of the vent will drop since the temperature sensor is probably reading close to the set point. After a long time it will feel warmer since all the surfaces you touch are up to temperature. This is how most cars are designed, and they function the same way. The best bet if you want a hot car, is to just set it to HI before you get in. It really isn’t ‘HI’ like you might imagine, it’s just one degree above the setting below. Then you can back the temperature down after you get in. Although this may mean the A/C will kick in unless you drop it a few degrees at a time and wait a few minutes. The temperature is most likely accurate, but it’s probably not reading what you think.

Sorry to dig this back up. I'm in New York. Current temps outside is 43 degrees and partly cloudy. I looked at my Tesla app and it's saying the cabin temp is 105 degrees. I went in the car and it didn't really feel that hot. After a few minutes, the temp on the app dropped to 92 degrees. After that, I let the car sit and checked on the app 15 mins later. It is showing 80 degrees. Sentry mode was off. Can it be when the car is "asleep", it's not reporting the correct cabin temp when you first wake it up?

We got a Cabin Overheat Alert on our app. Its 45 degrees outside. The cabin is not hot at all! Nothing I seem to do is getting it to read correctly. In fact it is blasting cold air and draining the battery. Is there a way to reboot the car? I know I have seen it done before but can't remember how.

Mine has started to play up 32oC outside in the UK at midnight and only 5oC inside
AC/ heating all over the shop blowing cold air at me.

Time to book a service call 4 months old and
1) both rear inner light clusters fogging up
2) 3 of the 4 door hinges bolts have half red and half black bolts.
3) Intermittent charging plug release
4) Out door temperature

4 weeks time.