Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heating/Cooling Temp Issue (Hotter rear vents)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen several older threads dating back to 2018 about this same issue where the rear vents blow out hot air while the front vents are blowing out cold once you set the temp over 64-65. Has there been any updates on this or has anyone had this fixed that's reached out to Tesla about the issue?

I also noticed that when i have the vents on for my feet, the air is blowing hot down there as well while front vents are cold.

Some people mentioned it only happens in Auto but I'm having the issue when in manual mode as well. My poor daughter in her car seat burning up and complains it's hot, so I always have to turn the rear vents off or else I freeze up front. Seems like a pretty big flaw and a long ongoing issue for it not to get addressed.

Bumping this up - Just got done with a road trip and toward the end we realized the rear vents were blasting our daughter with steaming hot air while we had the climate running on manual set at a comfortable 68 degrees. Had to shut off the rear vent completely to stop it.

Are there any controls for the temp going to the rear vent? Anyone seen anything new on this issue?

Noticed my rear vents doing the same thing on manual. Seems like in automatic, it often turns off the rear vents on its own, and also turns off recirculation. I prefer to be on manual because I like recirculation on.

For me, it happens whether it is on automatic or manual. It happens when the ambient temperature is close to the temperature set in the climate system. For example, 71 outside, and 72 on the climate control will blow cool air in the front and hot air in the back.

I’m having this issue on 2020.28.5. Outside temp was 75, a/c set to 73. Cold air up front, steaming hot in the back. Dropped the set point to 68 and it was a bit better, but the air blowing in the back was still too warm. I wonder if this is a software bug or an issue of a stuck air damper/diverter.