Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heating seats from the Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla app is at 4.15.1. Over the past few years I have been happy to use the app to pre-heat my Model 3 and the seats. I am, however, struggling to understand the litte “Heat/Auto” sub-menu that now comes up when trying to set a seat heater on. As far as I know, there is no manual for the app interface anywhere, so I am hoping that someone here can explain what clicking on “Heat” or “Auto” is supposed to do (assuming you can hit the right tiddly little button).

I pre-heat my car mostly so it doesn't make a huge difference but I really like auto. it just adds just enough seat heat without me having to actively manage it. Like climate control in general it just does the right thing. I suppose if you really liked actively feeling a heat seat you might not like it. I might revert to manual if I was trying to use it to soothe a hurt back but I haven't had to do that lately, thank goodness.

Reactions: boombap
Here’s a question…does anyone experience a random heat setting turning off from the app?

I tend to preheat the car prior to leaving home during winter months. Lately I’ve ensured both drivers and passenger heated seats are also on while pre warming

Lately I’ve entered the car and only the drivers heated seat is ON and the passenger seat totally off. However the app still shows the passenger seat being ON.

Touching the controls in the car works just fine.
It’s just the app setting where this occurs.

Anyone else experience this?

You don't have to be sat in the seat if you are pre-heating. But it will turn down the heat level a bit prematurely. Also the pads don't conduct that well without a bit of ....pressure! So it still feels cold for a second or 2 when you sit in the seat.

You don't have to be sat in the seat if you are pre-heating. But it will turn down the heat level a bit prematurely. Also the pads don't conduct that well without a bit of ....pressure! So it still feels cold for a second or 2 when you sit in the seat.
No it’s not that at all. The heat itself says it’s ON by the app and yet totally OFF when we get to the car expecting the seat to be warmed up as is the drivers. Have to manually turn it on as soon as get into the car.

There is some glitch whereby the command from the app to car is not taking 100% for the passenger seat. Software? Maybe an update to fox?

Sitting in the car yes of course it don’t feel as warm until pressure by sitting.

i experience the same. This used to work fine until a couple of months ago when the software updated. I used to be able to turn on climate then select which heated seats i wanted on and what level and it always worked perfectly but now it seems to be a bit random. Rarely is the app correct when I get in the car then after a few seco ds in the car it syncs up ok with the app when near the car. I am guessing this is some sort of bug with the app and car not being in sync. I had hoped it would be fixed soon but its been a couple of months now and its still not working.