Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Heavy steering" in extreme cold?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3, Long Range, Rear Wheel Drive. I'm in Chicago, and heading to work this morning it was -23F (-30C). I noticed as I got further into my drive, the steering feel became much heavier and it took more effort to make turns. It almost felt like my old Land Rover when the power steering went out, although not quite to that extreme.

Is "heavy steering" a normal symptom in ridiculously cold weather?

Model 3, Long Range, Rear Wheel Drive. I'm in Chicago, and heading to work this morning it was -23F (-30C). I noticed as I got further into my drive, the steering feel became much heavier and it took more effort to make turns. It almost felt like my old Land Rover when the power steering went out, although not quite to that extreme.

Is "heavy steering" a normal symptom in ridiculously cold weather?

Check the psi in your tires. extreme cold will cause them to lose pressure, thus causing "heavy steering" feel.

the NFL spent $20M attempting to ignore basic science.....but it's a real thing that happens. :D

• Helpful
Reactions: Dre78
Yes, it will pop but the latch won't disengage. I had it at the service center earlier this month to fix a rattle in the door and they didn't mention the frunk bulletin, very strange.

Yeah...my SC didn't mention the frunk bulletin either. They only mentioned it when I asked "Is there anything else that you know of that my car needs?. Then they mentioned it. I thought that was kinda weird, but I thought that I was maybe the only one.