Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HECO Fast Charger Etiquette

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoops forgot the picture

Attachments

• 20210415_151514.jpg
    20210415_151514.jpg
    677.1 KB · Views: 155
If you are going to use a Fast Charger please unplug your car when it is done charging. This car has been plugged in for over 100 minutes and is fully charged.
Shucks at the rate HECO is charging for 1 hour of charging, its enough to pay the rent for a full day at that space.

No, not really. Its just they are so high that I am fussing about. You are right, charge and move. Especially since you get a notification your car is finished. They could be a better fellow EV owner than they are behaving.

Sadly, this etiquette (or lack therof) is not uncommon. I can't count how many times I see EVs parked in the charging stall without bothering to plug in as if it's special VIP parking to which they are entitled. At least plug in to make it look like you're there for a reason! That kind of attitude is what leads d-bags to park their ICEs in EV stalls on occasion. And the people who suffer are those who truly need the charge. (Thankfully I'm lucky enough to charge at home, but I sympathize with those who don't have that option.)

I think the solution is to put the EV stalls in the middle or far end of the lots to dissuade people who don't need the charge from using them. I know it may require more cable and conduit, but it would ensure the "special" stalls are serving their intended purpose. That should keep the ICE vehicles out too.

**stepping off my soapbox**

Maybe one of ten times I charge there someone’s car will hogging up a spot when full. I hate to say this but I cringe when I see a model X. Those besat take almost take 1.5:longer to charge.

Talking to a mach e owner hen said when using charge point he can schedule his arrival (15min to it goes to next person). And charge no problem though at a very low speed rate.

If they can implement a scheduling system in HECO were can reserve and must be there in 15. That would be ideal. Any ideal charge will cost you full or double price.