Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Helen Ga. Charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning a trip to Helen, Ga. PlugShare only shows a couple J-1772 in the Public Parking lot.
Has anyone stayed at a hotel in town that has charging? There aren't any listed on PlugShare but I thought maybe someone's been there recently and seen one that may not be listed yet.

I'm planning a trip to Helen, Ga. PlugShare only shows a couple J-1772 in the Public Parking lot.
Has anyone stayed at a hotel in town that has charging? There aren't any listed on PlugShare but I thought maybe someone's been there recently and seen one that may not be listed yet.
Interested about this too since we will be going soon to Helen as well.
My thinking was to bring the Mobile Connector and charge in our Airbnb (with NEMA 14-50 or the regular 110V plug).
We are coming from the south so I will stop by the Buford, GA supercharger to top off to 80% before arriving to Helen.
You can take a look at “A better route planner” so you have some ideas of what percentage you should be arriving with.

And that SemaConnect in the public lot has not been working lately.

I've charged at a B&B there using my portable cordset and a wall outlet. Obviously that's slow but it added 50 or so miles of range.

Turn on wall outlets in your Plugshare filtering and you'll find a couple options.

Update on the trip:
Successful trip. No Range anxiety. We charged to 60% at the Bufford SC and used the underrated, trickle 120V charging. We always woke up with 90-95% SoC.

Mountain regen worked perfectly around the mountains. We even drove to Brasstown Bald and regained most of the battery on the way down!
Definitely easy to travel to the mountains with a SR+ Model 3 as long as you at least have access to a regular 120V outlet.

Attachments

• F8BAB46C-3821-4C4B-BDB7-2FABD783D84F.jpeg
    F8BAB46C-3821-4C4B-BDB7-2FABD783D84F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 217
Update on the trip:
Successful trip. No Range anxiety. We charged to 60% at the Bufford SC and used the underrated, trickle 120V charging. We always woke up with 90-95% SoC.

Mountain regen worked perfectly around the mountains. We even drove to Brasstown Bald and regained most of the battery on the way down!
Definitely easy to travel to the mountains with a SR+ Model 3 as long as you at least have access to a regular 120V outlet.

Its Buford, only one f. Sorry, we lived there for 15 years so I couldn’t stand to see the misspelling. Glad your trip worked out well.

Go Wolves! :)

Yonah Mountain Vineyards Is just south of Helen. Free charging with several HPWC. Can drink wine and charge simultaneously - that can’t go wrong. Beautiful area and tasting room that I visited last year. Not sure what they have open with COVID.
012E0E0F-AE69-456F-A811-F1CCDC755115.jpeg
379255EF-E996-4FB4-B830-48ACBC29C26B.jpeg

Attachments

• 8061FF96-EE15-45CD-8F01-662E690A839F.jpeg
    8061FF96-EE15-45CD-8F01-662E690A839F.jpeg
    467.5 KB · Views: 87
  • DFC8D204-51D0-4408-A4F3-6B936FAEC018.jpeg
    DFC8D204-51D0-4408-A4F3-6B936FAEC018.jpeg
    530.4 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Yonah Mountain Vineyards Is just south of Helen. Free charging with several HPWC. Can drink wine and charge simultaneously - that can’t go wrong. Beautiful area and tasting room that I visited last year. Not sure what they have open with COVID.View attachment 611970 View attachment 611971

That book looks interesting. Have you finished it, and if so how would you rate it?

Yonah Mountain Vineyards Is just south of Helen. Free charging with several HPWC. Can drink wine and charge simultaneously - that can’t go wrong. Beautiful area and tasting room that I visited last year. Not sure what they have open with COVID.

They're open but they have modified their operations to suit. No tours, for one. The availability of the charging stations has changed, and this is thoroughly documented in the Plugshare listing: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Yeah, that SemaConnect station has been sad for a very long time now :)

But I'm happy to report that Helen will be getting a DCFC station. Now, it'll be standard DCFC, not Tesla proprietary, but it'll give you an option if you've bought one of the adapters. By the time it comes online, Tesla will likely have launched the CCS adapter in North America, so I'd wait for that.