Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hellcat Re-Match Results in beating P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a new article published by Consumer Reports- Tesla Model S P85D vs Dodge Challenger Hellcat

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...d-vs-dodge-challenger-hellcat-video/index.htm

[video]http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/video-hub/4331104074001/[/video]

CRO_Cars_Hellcat_Chart_06-15.png
So what they are saying is the Tesla FEELS faster... Last I checked how it feels during takeoff is what passengers remember.

So what they are saying is the Tesla FEELS faster... Last I checked how it feels during takeoff is what passengers remember.

The are saying that the Telsa is actually faster 0-60

Tesla Model S P85D
Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Price as tested
$127,820
$65,565
Power output, hp
Max torque, lb.-ft.
Engine/motor
Front & rear motors
Front supercharged 6.2L V8
Drive wheels
All
Rear
Weight, lbs.
4,300 est.
Acceleration, 0-30 mph
Acceleration, 0-60 mph

Nice to see an independent organization like CU provide accurate data about this much ballyhooed automotive matchup. The P85D handily beats the Hellcat in max G, 0 to 30, and 0 to 60. But CU 's P85D 0 to 60 time of 3.5 seconds is significantly slower than the 3.2 time that Tesla has verified and the 3.1 or lower times that other testers have achieved.

And of course the Model S is almost 700 lbs heavier than the Hellcat, but it still crushes it. Amusing.

Heck, my 7 year old Roadster is faster to 60 than the Hellcat.

Here is a new article published by Consumer Reports- Tesla Model S P85D vs Dodge Challenger Hellcat

Nice to see an independent organization like CU provide accurate data about this much ballyhooed automotive matchup. The P85D handily beats the Hellcat in max G, 0 to 30, and 0 to 60. But CU 's P85D 0 to 60 time of 3.5 seconds is significantly slower than the 3.2 time that Tesla has verified and the 3.1 or lower times that other testers have achieved.

And of course the Model S is almost 700 lbs heavier than the Hellcat, but it still crushes it. Amusing.

Heck, my 7 year old Roadster is faster to 60 than the Hellcat.

They probably weren't using the 1 ft rollout. All my vbox .vbo files show roughly 3.5 without the rollout and 3.2 with the rollout.

Their graph also shows that after a mere 2.5 seconds the hellcat is already pulling in the PD in acceleration.

If you apply this to both vehicles:

Weight (lbs) * Acc (g) * Speed (mph) * 0.003054.

you'd see that the power to the wheels differs by more than 125 hp.

- - - Updated - - -

The are saying that the Telsa is actually faster 0-60

Well that's always been the case unless you put wider wheels with drag radials on the hellcat. They're comparing stock vs stock, not what you'd see at a typical track day.