Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello all from SoCal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had a 2013 P85+ Model S for a couple years now. Bought it from a friend when he decided it no longer met the needs of his family. I think he now regrets selling it. I am the third owner, but the car itself has lifetime free supercharging and I make frequent use of it. A new supercharger is about to open nearby, which cuts in half the current 10 mile distance from home. The car has only 36,000 miles and is in overall great shape. I feel like I lucked out.

I am a very happy camper, love the car, though being such an early model it has a few less features available. (I didn’t really want the self driving feature anyway.) I did recently upgrade to the MCU2 so now am on LTE instead of G3. Otherwise it was not much of a change.

My only concern is the relatively high rate of phantom drain I encounter, compared to what I read has plagued others. Haven’t done a proper study of it, but seems often around 3% to 5% a day. I guess I should do a more precise accounting to know for certain.

When I do charge at home, I use an existing 220~240 volt 30 amp dryer outlet that I luckily left in even though I did a home remodel and got a 110~120 volt drier. So no electrical work was required. I only get 17mph charging, but that will still do a good enough job overnight when needed.

This forum has been a great source of info for folk like me, so thanks y’all. Glad to be here.