TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello all - from the Philadelphia suburbs

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SamGarber, Sep 5, 2013.

1. SamGarber

SamGarber S85 "Whale Shark"

Hello everyone! Been lurking and soaking up all the good information prior to committing on the Tesla S, but now that it is on its way, here I am officially joining up. Thanks all for helping me take the plunge and not only buy a car for the first time (leasing for the last 13 years) but also believe in the technology and community support of it enough to spend $100K!!!

Sam.

85 kWh | Grey | Tan Leather | Obeche Matte | 19" Primacy | Tech Pkg | Parking Sensors | Fog Lights | Parcel Shelf | Body Colored Roof | Air Suspension | HPWC | Ordered 8/22/13 | Confirmed 9/1/13 | Delivery Date pending | #?????

2. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

Congratulations, Sam!

3. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

Congrats Sam. You will find that there are a LOT of fellow S owners in the Philly area. I live in West Chester and we now have 3 owners in my development. I'm usually at the Cars & Coffee event held each Saturday at Dilworthtown Crossing shopping center. Also a big group of us that have gotten together in Cherry Hill. PM me for more info.

4. texex91

texex91 Banned

Congrats and welcome! Very exciting on the new S. I know you will enjoy it :biggrin:

5. Brett

Brett Member

Congratulations Sam. I live in Los Angeles but grew up in Bucks County, PA. Today is my 1 week mark of owning the S. It is absolutely worth it. Unlike any other car ever made. An absolute joy to drive. You will glide in silence over the PA County roads.

6. SamGarber

Thanks Brett! I am looking forward to it. Of course I am agonizing over why I didn't order the Pano, and other stuff like Sound Studio, Performance Seats and the "P" or "+", but then I remember how much money I am already paying for it!

7. tri335

tri335 Member

I know this thread is a bit old (circa 2013)...will be moving to philly this summer and may be getting a tesla in the near future. Wanted to see if there was a good network of tesla owners in philly.

8. SamGarber

There are a lot of owners in Philly area. Where are you moving to?

9. tri335

tri335 Member

Looking for a place but focusing efforts at Center city, Rittenhouse, Society Hill, Queen Anne, University City area. Probably that swath of land due to proximity to work. The trouble in this area is finding apartment complexes/condo rentals for the year while we figure out where we want to live longer term and getting access to electric car charging stations. The charging station would be enough to sway us where we move within reason. Any tips on where to look or know someone in that area that has a tesla and lives in the city?

10. rickrickrick

rickrickrick Member

Teslaguy, is there a local group out here in the Philly suburbs? I'm also in West Chester, near Peppermill.

11. MX1028

MX1028 Member

I live in West Chester, PA as well and just ordered my Model X. Delivery is around Christmas 2016! Does this get together still happen?

12. Xenius

Xenius Member

@MX1028 Congrats on your impending delivery! What a Christmas present. The guy you quoted hasn't signed in since 2015, I've been to a few events (for example we did a Gettysburg meetup) around PA. Haven't been to a cars and coffee though.