TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello all ! My name is Jeff

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jeff mccabe, Mar 21, 2016.

1. jeff mccabe

jeff mccabe Member

I have loved the S ever since it came out, but it was always out of my price range. I told myself I would wait until the first lease returns were available and see where the price fell. Well the end of last year they were finally a possibility. I purchased my Pearl White S85 from a retired husband and wife couple from Napa ca. They took amazing care of the car for me :) Thank you very much !
    I have been driving my 928 Porsche EV conversion going on ten years now and last fall completed a Factory Five 427 Cobra Replica, also an EV. It is street legal and will be using it in Autocross and Road race events.
    Here is a link to my vehicles:

Jeff's 1965 FFR 427 Cobra Roadster

Jeff McCabe's 1984 Porsche 928

I look forward to speaking with many for you. I know I will, because I have a real problem with leaving well enough alone.

Jeff McCabe

• Like x 2
  2. Drewflux

Drewflux Member

Hi Jeff I like your cobra conversion. Must be a hoot to drive at that weight.

3. jeff mccabe

jeff mccabe Member

Yes, its very similar to the 1000cc superbikes I used to race. Has definitely made me sharpen my driving skills :)

Thanks for the Hello !

4. Zextraterrestrial

I saw your Porsche at Refuel 2014 but was a bit overwhelmed to really talk with any of the conversion car owners besides Daniel w/ the 944(who shared some shade with us). I would still love to build an auto X EV someday, can't race my S forever! There is an Enduro race this weekend in Medford ..no other electrics besides me. It's a bit far from the bay area but I don't know of any tracks similar to this one or as fun! you should check it out - Jackson county sports park, S.S.C.C.

are you running refuel in the Cobra?

5. artisjr

artisjr Member

6. jeff mccabe

jeff mccabe Member

Thanks for the Hello ! Yes I will be at ReFuel with the Cobra. Ive put about 1000 street miles on it so far, just working out all the bugs. I used to race bikes at both PIR and SIR in the day, but haven't been to the new track in Medford.

Jeff

7. Zextraterrestrial

I was considering doing Refuel again. I took turn 2 horribly when I ran the TT and think I should be able to do quite a bit better.
    The Medford track is a ~20 foot wide Kart track but they run autocross on it and do an Enduro race for the first and last event each year.

funny, I was looking into building an EV in 2010 but put deposit on my S instead because pricing out components the custom EV seemed out of my price range

8. Big24fan

Big24fan Member

Wow your really into your ev,s bet an ev 928 is smart well done on getting your model s the price is out of our reach to not seen many second hand for sale.

• Like x 1
  9. jeff mccabe

jeff mccabe Member

Hello. Thanks for the Welcome !
    Yes the 928 Porsche has been a lot of fun the last 10 years. Its for sale, but I still drive it on weekends.

10. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Member

howdy, i have two conversions ready in the pipeline now that i have my model s, first one is a 196X nsu prinz, the other will be my 2011 mazda miata racecar.

11. jeff mccabe

jeff mccabe Member

Howdy to you right back ! Here are some links to my other conversions.

Jeff's 1965 FFR 427 Cobra Roadster

Jeff McCabe's 1984 Porsche 928
    Im spending most of my time getting the Cobra ready for a track day in May.
    The NSU is a cute little micro car, should be a real light conversion. EV's like that !

Jeff

12. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Zero FX Stealthfighter

okay... those are some sick EV's man... If I had the money to build one I would do it
    Congrats on that pearl S85, nice cars!!!