Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got finance offer from Tesla. Total config including tax is $131726 - $2500 deposit = $129226 balance due. I have to come up with $22116 downpayment and tax/fees on delivery. They will finance the other ~85% of that ($109008) through USBank for 3.5% APR x 72 months with Tesla Buyback Guarantee. Downpayment not a biggy for me since I would get $10000 of that back from the federal credit and state rebate. On USBank website, looks like they are offering 3.95% APR so it seems the Tesla rate is better. In favor of just taking the Tesla offer is my tendency to want to trade up to the latest and greatest, and the buyback guarantee seem to make that so much easier. Thoughts? Is it possible to negotiate with Tesla for a better rate or is this a take it or leave it offer?

Got finance offer from Tesla. Total config including tax is $131726 - $2500 deposit = $129226 balance due. I have to come up with $22116 downpayment and tax/fees on delivery. They will finance the other ~85% of that ($109008) through USBank for 3.5% APR x 72 months with Tesla Buyback Guarantee. Downpayment not a biggy for me since I would get $10000 of that back from the federal credit and state rebate. On USBank website, looks like they are offering 3.95% APR so it seems the Tesla rate is better. In favor of just taking the Tesla offer is my tendency to want to trade up to the latest and greatest, and the buyback guarantee seem to make that so much easier. Thoughts? Is it possible to negotiate with Tesla for a better rate or is this a take it or leave it offer?

Others have had success negotiating a better rate with Tesla Buyback banks (USBank), but it depends on your credit rating. You can still find 1.75% out there, so they should have plenty of room to give you a break.

Update: I called Tesla and they said the USBank offer really has no wiggle room. I then asked for a 60 month option and they offered Wells Fargo 1.99% so I went with that. Because I ordered before Oct 1st I get the older better resale guarantee (only have to keep the loan for 6 months rather than 36 months). Seems like a no brainer to get the resale guarantee for only a little more than the Alliant and other credit union deals.

I'm having a real crisis on conscience. I just added the red brake calipers to my order for $500. Now I'm having serious doubts about keeping the aero wheels. I realize that I can't even see the calibers with the aeros on so I really just added them in case I decide to switch wheels later. But that makes me wonder why I even want the aero wheels. The more I look at it, the more I really like the stock 19's and the cyclone 19's. In terms of keeping the aeros, the benefit is they would give my car a really unique look and a theoretical 8 additional miles on a range charge. But with the west coast supercharger network looking more and more complete everyday, range is becoming a non-issue. Thoughts? Stick with the aeros for uniqueness and slightly more range, or switch to the stock 19's or cyclone 19's for much sportier looks (especially with the red calipers)? Help!!!

I'm having a real crisis on conscience. I just added the red brake calipers to my order for $500. Now I'm having serious doubts about keeping the aero wheels. I realize that I can't even see the calibers with the aeros on so I really just added them in case I decide to switch wheels later. But that makes me wonder why I even want the aero wheels. The more I look at it, the more I really like the stock 19's and the cyclone 19's. In terms of keeping the aeros, the benefit is they would give my car a really unique look and a theoretical 8 additional miles on a range charge. But with the west coast supercharger network looking more and more complete everyday, range is becoming a non-issue. Thoughts? Stick with the aeros for uniqueness and slightly more range, or switch to the stock 19's or cyclone 19's for much sportier looks (especially with the red calipers)? Help!!!
I'll trade you my used original 19s for your new aeros... :)

Lol. You guys are too funny. What's so appealing about the aero's? The extra range? The rarity/uniqueness?

The uniqueness factor is my motivation. Also, before the 19" titanium gunmetal Rial Luganos came along (I may just end up ordering those), wanted to have the darker aeros to contrast with the green exterior; the stock 19s are rather bland.

Ditto here. My stock 19s are in perfect health and are complete with the center cap Ts too. And, I can drive to Davis quicker than Brianman can ;)
I'm pretty sure you can arrive there quicker, but not drive quicker. P85 > S60 in this regard. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

What's so appealing about the aero's? The extra range? The rarity/uniqueness?
Lately, we have the impression these are being discontinued. As such, they becomes collectible (to some).

Update: I called Tesla and they said the USBank offer really has no wiggle room. I then asked for a 60 month option and they offered Wells Fargo 1.99% so I went with that. Because I ordered before Oct 1st I get the older better resale guarantee (only have to keep the loan for 6 months rather than 36 months). Seems like a no brainer to get the resale guarantee for only a little more than the Alliant and other credit union deals.

Hey comma, so you got grandfathered into the old resale program terms? I've been hearing mixed information about whether they're grandfathering.

Picked up yesterday. Delivery went perfectly. Tour was fun. A lot of cars in and around the factory have the cyclone wheels. Lots of cars with the red calipers too. I think the white-cyclone-red caliper combo looks great. No regrets getting the cyclones instead of the stock or aero wheels. Some pictures attached. I wanted no bugs or chips on the front even for the "short" drive from Fremont back to Davis so I brought my own transport wrap! Opti-Coat scheduled for wednesday and Xpel Ultimate the following tuesday. THEN, I feel like I can finally take the car outside. Lol.

View attachment 36996
View attachment 36997
View attachment 36998
View attachment 36999
IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg