Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello, and some help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, have really enjoyed reading this forum and am just about to push the button on an 85D. Any owners from Gloucestershire out there? Haven't seen a Tesla on the road here but Tesla at Cribbs tell me they sell a lot in the county? Would also be interested in what real World range people are getting from the 85D on 19" wheels.

Cheers

Hello all, have really enjoyed reading this forum and am just about to push the button on an 85D. Any owners from Gloucestershire out there? Haven't seen a Tesla on the road here but Tesla at Cribbs tell me they sell a lot in the county? Would also be interested in what real World range people are getting from the 85D on 19" wheels.

Cheers

How much range do you need on a daily basis? The beauty of an #EV is you can plug it in every night and leave with the charge you need or want. 90% is around 230 miles for most people....

Hello and great choice. I am South Gloucs. 85D on 19s. I do over 200 miles a day. Leave here with 90% and arrive 100 miles away with 45%. Charge back up to 90%, arrive home with 45%. I will not say what average speed I do, but no hypermiling. I am close to Cribbs. How far north in Gloucs are you?

Thanks. I was being told I would see around that range but am interested in what owners are experiencing in real driving scenarios in the UK. I need around 150-170 miles per day.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello and great choice. I am South Gloucs. 85D on 19s. I do over 200 miles a day. Leave here with 90% and arrive 100 miles away with 45%. Charge back up to 90%, arrive home with 45%. I will not say what average speed I do, but no hypermiling. I am close to Cribbs. How far north in Gloucs are you?

Hello Brunel. I'm Cheltenham. Just waiting for the formal paperwork from Cribbs so expect to order early next week, anticipated delivery early January.

With that much driving a Model S or Model X would provide you sufficient EV range. The weather in the UK is "friendlier" to EVs than in parts of the U.S. However, since Teslas are liquid cooled, this isn't as big an issue as with other EV manufacturers.

Even with really wet and cold weather you will fine with that range. One can always drive slower. If I did the speed limit at current temps I would get an extra 15-20 miles possibly more out of 90%. It is also amazing how quickly you get comfortable driving down to 5% or less. There are many Tesla owners on the Facebook group (private) who speed up to get to the destination or supercharger with 1% remaining. Mad but fun. I bought a Leaf from a chap who upgraded to a Tesla in July last year and he is close to Cheltenham (close enough range for me to get the Leaf back to my house). 5 months later I had placed my own Tesla order - oops!

I have had Bladerunner for less than a month now and almost 2500 miles. Spent about £25 on "fuel". Happy days. Love the car. Really hoping to get the autopilot update OTA tomorrow morning.

Hey Brunel, will reply to your PM soon (apparently can only send 1 per hour). [FONT=&quot]Had a test drive today and the test car had functioning autopilot (which I hadn’t expected) and ‘hands free’ motorway driving is great! (if not a bit freaky to start with, especially overtaking)[/FONT]

Hey Brunel, will reply to your PM soon (apparently can only send 1 per hour). [FONT=&amp]Had a test drive today and the test car had functioning autopilot (which I hadn’t expected) and ‘hands free’ motorway driving is great! (if not a bit freaky to start with, especially overtaking)[/FONT]

Wow that's unexpected. Especially since Elon tweeted the delay... Wonder if the car knows that it's in the UK

I drive without giving any thought to range/efficiency, and plan on the basis that 100% = 200 miles.

If you are prepared to drive carefully, stick to 70, etc, then you can get a lot more than that, but with more and more superchargers opening the need to be able to go more than 200 miles between charges has pretty much vanished for me now.

My most common long journey is 230 miles to my parents' house. If I wanted to I could drive carefully and do it non-stop, but actually I prefer to stop at an SC somewhere in the middle, in which case you can drive as fast as the traffic will allow and not worry about it.

Your inbox is full Derosa!

Just tried to send you this note: Forgot to mention that a few chaps have got a socket and bought from evchargeking who has a Tesla button built in to open the charge port. He is American but part of the closed Facebook owners group.