TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello, eh!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Han Chen, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Han Chen

Han Chen Member

I've been trolling these forums for a while now. Thought I would finally join the fray as Im hoping to be a Modell S owner in the near future. I was waiting for a AWD version of the Model S so now with the P85D I have no more excuses! Plus I'm very excited to be going on a Model S test drive this weekend in Phoenix.

I live in Calgary, Alberta Canada.

Anyways, I gue I'll see everyone around. Cheers.

2. Bigbit

Bigbit Member

Welcome to the family Han.

3. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Long commute for a test drive. You aren't thinking about taking it home to show the wife are you?:tongue:

4. m1ker

m1ker Member

Hy Han, I just joined a few days ago as well. Been here reading for quite a while though. Our S85D should be here late FEB to early March 2015. By then the Can ore supercharger will be in place, and I'm hoping the Red Deer one will be online as well.

See you around the forums.

5. Han Chen

Han Chen Member

awesome! I'm debating if I should take order now and take delivery in January/February (in the middle of winter) or wait and tak delivery in April/May when I can really enjoy the car. Plus I'm sure there will be some early bugs in the D. I'd be more comfortable with it if our SC was up and running.

I test drove the P85 this weekend and I'm not sure if I can wait to get the car! It's everything I thought it would be which is amazing because I had some pretty high expectations!

6. callmesam

callmesam Member

I drive a S60.

I had a loaner P85+ for a week.

I got to ride the P85D.

Wait for the P85D. The torque vectoring is ridiculous. But you can't go wrong with any configuration.

7. Han Chen

Han Chen Member

i'm planning on getting the P85D. I'm completely sold on Tesla after the test drive. Just deciding on timing.

8. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

Will they deliver it to you in Calgary? I wouldn't want to drive a brand new one through those mountain passes during winter, especially with the soft paint and the oversized gravel they use on our highways in winter. Then again, the AWD will be great for that drive. The wait is the toughest part!

9. Han Chen

Han Chen Member

I think so. I believe it comes through Vancouver and then they flatbed it to Calgary.

10. gpetti

gpetti Active Member

That is correct. Usually a covered box that can hold two cars though I'm wondering now if they might need a bigger truck with all the 85Ds coming to town.

11. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Han, did you drive the silver P85 they have in the Fashion Square "green garage"? I was there last week and drove it too - totally confirmed my decision!

See you around town.

12. Han Chen

Han Chen Member

Just testing my signature :)