Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello everyone i have a question about the referral program.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a little upset with myself because i recently ordered the MYP and did not use anyone's referral code to get us both supercharger miles. i ordered my car about 3 weeks ago.
i cannot see to still use the code does anyone know if i can use one and still get the free 1k miles and help someone else out as well? thanks a lot.

I am a little upset with myself because i recently ordered the MYP and did not use anyone's referral code to get us both supercharger miles. i ordered my car about 3 weeks ago.
i cannot see to still use the code does anyone know if i can use one and still get the free 1k miles and help someone else out as well? thanks a lot.
You should be able to reach out to your SA and they will add the referral code to your profile if provided to them.

You can ask your SA to add it to your order. If they're not incompetent like my first SA was, then they should be able to do it. I used someone's referral code and they got their 1000 miles but I didn't get mine because according to another SA, the time period had expired. I had not even taken delivery of my car so I'm not sure how Tesla expected me to use 1000 miles of free supercharging without a car. 😕

True that you can add referral anytime after your order but looks like our 1,000 Supercharging miles will expire fairly soon, according to the fine print:

Miles Expiration
* Free Supercharging miles will apply to any vehicles on the same account and will expire 6 months after the miles are added.

You can ask your SA to add it to your order. If they're not incompetent like my first SA was, then they should be able to do it. I used someone's referral code and they got their 1000 miles but I didn't get mine because according to another SA, the time period had expired. I had not even taken delivery of my car so I'm not sure how Tesla expected me to use 1000 miles of free supercharging without a car. 😕
wow that sounds terrible. i have to imagine they can fix that? mine was added but i also have no car as of yet lol. just living in the dream waiting for a vin

Reactions: AquaY
My SA said he would add my friends referral but never did. Neither my friend or I received the “incentive". I emailed Tesla back and forth several times about the issue and the outcome was 🤷‍♂️ Too bad. The only reason I even contacted Tesla before purchasing was to get more info on a trade in.

Huh? The referral miles should go onto both accounts when the buyer takes delivery of the car. How did your friend get the 1,000 miles more than 6 months before you took delivery of your car?

Huh? The referral miles should go onto both accounts when the buyer takes delivery of the car. How did your friend get the 1,000 miles more than 6 months before you took delivery of your car?
I have no idea. Overall I'm not happy with Tesla, so when their business resolutions team contact me, they're going to be asked some very uncomfortable questions.

I ordered my MYP on 8/5 but didn't see any option to enter a referral code while going over the process on my phone. How do we add a referral code to your order? The r/TeslaModelY prohibits people from giving referral codes away. Why is that? The ones I found are from YouTube links ... so again, how do I add a referral code to my order?

I ordered my MYP on 8/5 but didn't see any option to enter a referral code while going over the process on my phone. How do we add a referral code to your order? The r/TeslaModelY prohibits people from giving referral codes away. Why is that? The ones I found are from YouTube links ... so again, how do I add a referral code to my order?
Some have had some luck emailing [email protected] with your reservation number and the referral code. And they will add it for you. You can also send to your SA, but some SAs have not been helpful.

Reactions: mrwug
I was told they could not add a referral code to my order. I forgot to use my friend's code when I placed the order and contacted Tesla online immediately afterwards to explain and supplied the code. I never received a response. 4 months later when I picked up the car I asked where the 1000 miles were and they said it was not possible to add them. They basically said they don't do that anymore since the referral program revamping.

I was told they could not add a referral code to my order. I forgot to use my friend's code when I placed the order and contacted Tesla online immediately afterwards to explain and supplied the code. I never received a response. 4 months later when I picked up the car I asked where the 1000 miles were and they said it was not possible to add them. They basically said they don't do that anymore since the referral program revamping.
It depends who you talk to. That email address above has worked for a few people over the past couple of weeks.

But yes, my SA who has done it in the past said things have changed and he wasn’t able to do it anymore. And he used to have a contact above him who could do it and now no longer can either.