TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello from a lower league in Maine

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ItsNotAboutTheMoney, Jul 17, 2012.

1. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

The Teslas are out of my league and my wife wouldn't want a BEV anyway.

But, I'm here because I'm interested and keen on electrification of transportation because, let's face it, if batteries were cheap every car would be a plug-in. Fungible domestic energy, including renewables, delivered through a pre-existing infrastructure that would greatly benefit from the synergies of smoothed demand and higher utilization, as well as the additional revenue shifted from petroleum. Higher residential electricity use that could only encourage PV and peak shaving. Lower tailpipe pollution and quiet, low-vibration drivetrains making the cars healthier both for the driver and other people around them.

I'm particularly enthusiastic about Tesla because it is a BEV-only manufacturer that doesn't have an ICEV it'd rather sell you, and their business plan focuses on meeting expectations of owners instead of expecting owners to compromise. Also, Tesla isn't depending on battery prices falling, but it seems they'll be ready to take advantage if it happens.

I'm hoping for success with the Models S and X and wondering what would be next.

An Englishman in Maine.

2. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

Welcome to the Forum!

you would probably like to scan through the Future-Cars sub forum, where all information and speculation on the next generation Tesla cars is concentrated. Perhaps you will see the car for you entering production in 2015?

3. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Greetings! Not many EV enthusiasts in Maine, which is odd given the number of Prius on the road. Next up for Tesla after the Model X is the Gen III, a car aimed directly at the BMW 3-series with a price tag in the 30s. Hopefully that fits your budget better!