Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello From Aggieland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone I am from College Station, TX. I currently have two orders in for a Model 3 LR to replace my WRX and then my wife got the bug after a Model Y test drive and we have an order for a Model Y performance to replace her Suburban. Can't wait to get the new cars and be gas free.

Reactions: byeLT4
I think the WRX to M3LR is going to be comfortable, but going from a Suburban to a MYP is going to be a wild ride! :D

Congratulations. What kind of charging options do you have for two cars? Looks like the Supercharger location in town has been in permit status for over a year with no construction started.

Looking to add chargers in my garage currently we do not have any public chargers in the area but I don't see that as being a need for what we will be driving. Most out of town trips are to Austin or Houston and can charge there if needed. The change from a Suburban will be a big change initially I had an order for a MYLR 7 seater but after seeing the back row I do not think I could to any major commuting with my child in the 3rd row and not be worried about being rear ended. I told my wife if she is not happy we can look at other options but it was her decision to make the trade and upgrade it to a performance model.

Reactions: LoudMusic
I originally wanted the MYLR but needed a car sooner then waiting 9 months the plan was to order a M3LR and trade it in for the MYLR when it came and make a little money to help pay for the MYLR. Once my wife saw that it was costing $100 a week in gas with the suburban to pick up the kids and bring them places she said she wanted the MYLR for herself. Then one day she decided that the cost difference between the 7 seater with the AB and the performance didn't make since so we changed it to the MYP. It helps to have a wife that has a little gear head in her, but I often tend to go to extremes on her purchases. Her first car was a base model S-10 standard cab with the 4cly. She said for her next car she wanted something with a back seat and power to get out of it's on way. I took what she said and got her a MB E55 it met what she asked for.