Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Alameda, CA!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am very excited to have preordered the model 3. I did it online at 7:28 pm PST on the night of the launch.

I then watched the same three videos repeatedly until The presentation began.

I am now an information addict. I scour news articles and forums for tidbits.

Currently I am thinking about options. If I'm clear, it seems as if there are options that are manufacturing (hardware) options and there are software options.

It seems as if I should take advantage of the hardware options up front and then add on software options later. Is my thinking wrong?

I
I am very excited to have preordered the model 3. I did it online at 7:28 pm PST on the night of the launch.

I then watched the same three videos repeatedly until The presentation began.

I am now an information addict. I scour news articles and forums for tidbits.

Currently I am thinking about options. If I'm clear, it seems as if there are options that are manufacturing (hardware) options and there are software options.

It seems as if I should take advantage of the hardware options up front and then add on software options later. Is my thinking wrong?
I like your jurisdiction and idea. The hardware you would pay upfront, the. Software you would just pay for and then they would just download the information through the internet

Reactions: Electric Jupiter
Thank you! I was pretty sure that's how to go. Now I'm just waiting to test drive an S.

That shouldn't be hard. I would think that in Alameda there'd be several Model S per square mile. If you ever get to Napa Valley, I give rides and drives to anyone, trying to tout the benefits of 90D over the Performance models.

And every Showroom/Service Center should have cars all over to test drive. Santana Row and Menlo Park are not far from you: shoot, the Factory isn't all that far.

The only problem is that almost everyone that drives one seems to buy one, so bring your wallet and bank information.

Welcome JustusBraz,

Also in the vicinity...enjoy the forum, it will make the time pass more pleasantly and faster, and you will be much more mentally and emotionally prepared for your Model III having participated on these forums. I know it's helped me come up to speed these past seven months, and never ceases to amaze me the scope and kindness of the contributors here.

Sorry to revive this thread, I did a search on 'Alameda' to get to the Supercharger thread and I had to touch this one. So, did everyone get their Tesla's? I have had mine for over a year. I went to the ribbon cutting for our Supercharger. After a long and luxurious winter, I just got my car detailed for summer. Also, I discovered that after only 28,000 miles I already need a new set of tires. Geez.

-Randy

I don't know why there isn't more traffic in this thread, because on JUST my dog walk in Alameda there are 60 (at last count) Teslas in people's driveways:

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 9.05.34 PM.png

I love this town!