Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Athens, Georgia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally pulled the trigger on a Model S (P33185). CPO 2014 P85. I was planning on waiting until early 2017 to purchase a P90D, but totaling my previous car (Lexus GS350) forced me to act sooner! :smile:

I've really enjoyed all of the information found here at TMC, and I'm looking forward to helping contribute to the community.

All the best,

Brian

Welcome and Congratulations!

Although Model S ownership may be coming around more quickly than expected due to the circumstances, I'm sure that you'll love the Tesla experience!

Given the quick action, do you have home charging sorted out?

Yes, fortunately I did have time to get a NEMA 14-50 installed in my garage. It's charging at 29 mi/hr, so I'm happy with that. I've had one chance to use a supercharger in Greenville, SC, and I was very impressed with how quick/easy the whole process was.

My driving habits have me getting far less than the 265 mi/charge, but I suppose I'll just have to learn how best to maximize things.

Hey Brian, I was actually going to pull the trigger on that car also when I saw it listed at the Decatur store. You beat me to the punch! I purchased a S85 a couple days ago and am very pleased. I'm sure Adam treated you right. Welcome and congrats!!

Hi Brian,
I'm happy to hear of more Tesla owners in NE Georgia. I bought my 85D in June and have since made trips to Texas, Florida and Tennessee rolling up almost 17K miles. You will like the guys in Decatur and the camaraderie amongst the group. One place that is entertaining are the two Facebook groups, Tesla Motor Fans-Atlanta and Motherfrunkers. I'm just up the road in Habersham County.
Herb

You guys right-- the folks at the Decatur store were all great throughout the process. The car I bought was really well maintained and had very few things that would give away it was "used". While not having autopilot and Ludicrous mode is a bit of a bummer, I feel like I got a $125K for far less by foregoing those two things and taking on 11K miles. I'm happy.

Did any of you guys get dual chargers? I didn't realize how many destination chargers were already "in the wild" and I was wondering if this would be an option I should look into in the future.

-Brian

Did any of you guys get dual chargers? I didn't realize how many destination chargers were already "in the wild" and I was wondering if this would be an option I should look into in the future.

-Brian

I got the dual chargers. How much I'll use them is yet to be seen. Have a charger at home that I used for the Volt, but it is only 40 amp so the dual chargers don't help there.

Dan

Last edited:
CONGRATS!...I also took the plunge on a CPO S as well since I didn't want to wait on the X and all....you will thoroughly enjoy your car immensely! I also have the Dual chargers on my car....have only tried it at Lenox once. Figure it'll come in handy at those destination chargers that can handle the 80 amps. As far as your house goes, I would've had the 100 amp line installed if you hadn't already installed your 14-50....not much more to fatten the line and beef up the breaker panel ( if it could support it) vs a 50 amp....you would have also future proofed it for the 72 amp single charger on the X...lol

My wife occasionally drives to Athens in the S....look for the Sig. Red one....not too many of those running around in GA.