TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello from Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AR123, May 13, 2014.

1. AR123

AR123 New Member

We first got interested in Tesla after test driving a Model S at a scheduled event in Austin.
    My wife and I were both very impressed by the car.

Initially, as a budget conscious family, we were discouraged by the high price of the MS.
    However, after comparing the cost of ownership of a MS with an ICE car, it started to become more practical.

We haven't ordered a car yet. Still researching.
    Leaning toward an S60 with the Tech package or an inventory S85 (if we can find one nearby).

Hopefully soon we'll be proud owners of a new Tesla Model S!!!

2. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Welcome to the forum! Your story sounds SOOOO much like my own. I received mine in December last year and I can guarantee that you will never look back and wonder, "Why did I purchase this car?" You may think that before it arrives to you, but you will NOT think that once you own it, drive it, and enjoy it.

3. Bulletproof

Bulletproof Vendor

Hawthorne, CA adjacent to the Supercharger & Desig
    Welcome! I love Austin and am a fellow Texan. When I first moved out to California I would see so many Model S's something you don't see often from a small town in Texas. Here at the shop we have a S85+ and it's an amazing car. You will be very satisfied once you have yours :D Good luck with the purchase
    -Karissa