TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hello from Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cbvolluz_Mod3, Sep 22, 2016.

1. cbvolluz_Mod3

cbvolluz_Mod3 New Member

I became interested in electric vehicles back in 1976, while I was conversing with one of my Uncles about perpetual motion vehicles. I had assumed that it would have in wheel electric motors.

In early 1980's there was a place in Austin, TX called Jet Industries, they converted ICE cars to electric. I told every one that would listen that my first car would be electric. My first car ended up being a 1983 Nissan Sentra, then a 1990 Toyota Camry, 1994 Mercury Sable, and my current car a 2004 Mercury Sable. I'm determined that my next car will finally be an electric car with 99.99 probability.

Dec 2010 I attended the Nissan LEAF ride event in Austin, TX at the Domain shopping area. I was really taken with the car. I was at that time working on my Bachelors Degree at Park University, so did not proceed with my purchase of the LEAF although I followed the news of the LEAF at least until the Tesla Model 3 was announced. This car should be at least within my gross yearly income. At this point I plan to buy only the base unit, but that could change.

March 31, 2016 at 2 PM I placed my reservation on a Tesla Model 3.

• Like x 1
  2. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Fritterer and waster of hours in an off hand wayer

I would own a Leaf right now if it wasn't built on one of the least safe car platforms on the road. Check out the safety stats on the Versa when you get a chance. I would also own an electric motorcycle if I didn't fear death, paralysis, and brain damage.