Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from behind the Orange Curtain (eg, Orange County, CA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy folks. Thought I'd join in on the introductions. I read up on Tesla and the Roadster a while back and thought "Oh cool an EV that can speed." I am a bit of a speedster and am lucky i've gotten only 2 speeding tickets in my life. When the Model S came out, I thought "oh nice, an EV sedan that doesn't look like it will get bullied on the freeway." I am definitely not a car person, but something about the Model S tickled my tech/geek side. After reading more about the Model S, I put a reservation down in January (#18XXX. can't find the number anymore). I have been diligently reading through all the posts to determine if I should pull the trigger and buy. Visited the Tesla store. Initially was looking for a commuter car; to and from work so the 40 kWh was what I was looking at. Due to budget, I was planning on getting just the basics to add in. After I showed a picture to my sister and bro-in-law, they were behind me on purchasing the car. I started planning and designing the car in the Design Studio. They were oohing and ahhing....until they saw the total price (including Fed credit) and said...don't do it. After a few weeks mulling over the specs and the cost, I finally pulled the trigger and finalized the Model S (and this without test driving). These are the specs I ended up choosing based on what people have been discussing/suggesting/advising:

60 kWh (I do occasionally will drive to San Diego, Palm Springs and LA so thought a bigger battery would be better).
Black (was flip-flopping between this and white)
Black textile interior (skimped)
Pano Roof (didn't really need, but got it in case I wanted to sell)
19" wheels (standard)
Piano black decor (skimped)
Tech Package (didn't really need, but got in case I wanted to sell)
Active Suspension (no clue if I needed this)
Paint Armor (my current car has a clear front-of-hood armor and it is banged up. So got this because I probably need it. This then forced me to choose black paint)
Supercharging (free charging!)

Yes...I went above what I was looking to spend, but I thought in the long run the specs would be something I could live with and enjoy. I did skimp on some things (eg, no leather) but felt that I could live without it. I just hope it doesn't make it look cheap. Now onto the next item in my list of worries: a) financing b) trade-in/selling old car, c) charging set up. Good news is my workplace has 6 chargers and allows EV owners 3 hours of charge per day. Just have to get in early to grab a spot.

Darn, you can get 3 hours of charging??? Sweet. J1772??

Umm... I actually don't know. I just know there are lots of plug-in Priuses and Volts taking up spots. I'll have to take a pic of it. I think there was a GE sign on it though. pictures...and specs.... soon.

EDIT: finally have a photo of the work charger specs.

Attachments

• work charger.jpg
    work charger.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited: