TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello From Chicago, IL!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gray, Dec 15, 2012.

1. gray

gray Member

Hi guys, we've been thinking about getting an electric car for a while and we finally decided to pick up a Tesla. We're finally in line - had my first test drive today. I'm pretty excited - I've modded most of my cars and I like the prospect of dropping some Volk TE37s and a splitter on the car whenever we get it.

2. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

How did your test drive come about?

3. gray

gray Member

I forgot to mention that I do a lot of photography of Chicagoland car events. I used to see a lot of Teslas at Supercar Saturdays:
    4576760195_d9a4fe54df_b.jpg

We put our deposit down very recently having only seen and sat in the car a couple times. We decided the model S was like no other car on the road (we pride ourselves in that none of our cars are very similar to one another) and we've been interested in picking up an electric car for a while now.

I wrote a little bit about my experience with the TRAC in the driving dynamics section:
    Model S Traction Control - Page 3

I have to say I find the inability to edit my posts a little irritating because I realize part of that post got cut off.