TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello from Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by brandonmbeard, Aug 28, 2013.

1. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

Hello,

I am an avid Tesla enthusiast and future owner (pending all the financing gets ironed out).

I have been contemplating the Model S since early 2012. I think I have finally settled on a configuration and ready to drop the reservation payment.

Model S Config:
    60Kw ---> May do 85Kw if I can convince myself to spend another $10,000
    Black ---> I plan on wraping it a more vibrant color
    Textile Seats ---> Never been a fan of how leather wears on daily driven cars
    Carbon Fiber Dash
    21" Wheels
    Tech Package ---> Not sure why this isn't standard, I can't imagine this car w/o it
    Air Suspension
    Parking Sensors ---> I've been told these are a near must
    Fog Lamps
    Sub Zero

Needless to say once I make that reservation I will be waiting like a kid for Christmas. Luckily the 60Kw will deliver just about that time. Maybe they can drop it off at my house with a giant red bow on it, like the Lexus commercials.

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Congrats! Definitely consider the 85kWh especially in cold weather and snow where your range will decrease maybe 10-15%. Do you travel outside the city much? If not, the 60kWh is more than enough. The 60kWh doesn't come with Supercharging unless you add the $2,000.
    21" rims will require a separate set of rims for winter tires so have to add that cost. Looks like a great setup n

3. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

Pulled the trigger tonight

Standard Model S
    85kWh Battery
    Black Body ---> Most likely to be wrapped in Metallic Matte Blue
    19" Wheels ---> Ordering an aftermarket set of 22" Wheels for Summer
    Leather Seats
    Carbon Fiber Dash
    Tech Package
    Air Suspension
    Fog Lamps
    Parking Sensors
    Sub Zero Package
    Parcel Shelf

I don't think I missed anything too critical. Says late October for delivery! Looks like an early Xmas for me.

4. PokerBroker

PokerBroker Member

Awesome! Hope to meet you at an Ohio gathering soon!

5. ibcs

ibcs Member

#5 ibcs, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
    Congratulations on your purchase. If you ever in Englewood (north of Dayton), look me up on Plugshare. I will be able to give you a shot of juice (HPWC - 80 Amps) if you need it traveling through the area. I've had my Model S since November and you will love it.

We have a group that gets together on the Ohio Tesla Owners on Facebook. We've had meetings in Columbus and Dave and Buster's North of Cincinnati. Great time to meet other owners.

---Kent

6. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

Congrats! If you are ever passing though Harrison and need some juice, I am always willing to share my 14-50 with fellow Tesla enthusiasts.

7. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

Thanks guys. I will be having my electrician put an external 14-50 outside my garage so that those passing through the I-75 corridor can stop and top off. Too bad I can't just restrict the use to Teslas!

8. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Nice. 22" rims will get curb rash if someone looks at them wrong but will look great:)

9. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

Come on, show some love for us Volt drivers :) That being said, I have my 14-50 listed on plugshare, and have never had anything but a Tesla stop to charge. Most J1772 drivers do not have the means to plug into the 14-50, and most plug ins in this region are Volt's, and will normally just use gas instead of hitting up a residential charger. I did have one leaf driver trying to go from Indy to Cincinnati call me wanting to charge (I have a J1772 as well for my Volt) and while I was happy to let him stop by, he ended up on a flatbed before he ever made it anywhere close to my plug. Why he was trying to make a 100 mile drive on a 70 MPH road with zero places to stop and charge in a car rated for 75 miles range is beyond me.

10. texex91

texex91 Banned

Congrats on the config and inbound S!

11. dave

dave Member

Congrats! Can't wait to see that wrap!

I'm down in Florence, KY. My 14-50 is also available if you need an extra shot on your way home one day.