Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Cleveland!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! I just wanted to come say hi to all the Tesla fans out there. I am currently in the market for a used Tesla Model S or i wait until my Model 3 reservation is up in Jan 2018. Any suggestions for a new member looking for a used Model S? My biggest issue right now is living in Cleveland we get a lot of snow so I believe i want to make sure I get dual motor which for the model 3 would not be until Jul-Sep for my reservation. I currently drive a 2009 Nissan 370z (40k miles) and a 2015 Honda Civic SI (Daily). I would trade the Z in if I got the Model S but I am not sure I would want to if I got the Model 3. Any suggestions is welcome!

Welcome. I am a transplanted Clevelander living in Pittsburgh. I get delivery of my S Friday so I am no expert. I was too impatient for a 3. Another factor for me to buy the S is based on reading these message boards it seems that when the S and X both came out they initially have some reliability issues. Based on postings and a conversation with current owners it appears anctodally major quality issues seem to have been mostly resolved in the current models (exception FWD on the X) and most people talk about fit/finish and autopilot items if anything.

I am hesitant to buy a 3 in it's first year of production based on quality.

Are you loving the S? I test drove one and I really liked it. I love the look of the new facelift and would want to make sure i got one with a facelift and dual motor. Ideally i'd like my payments <600 but willing to go to 700. My Z i hope is worth around 20 (based on quick searches) so that gives me some room to work. Ideally something 60-65k would be perfect for me