TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hello from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Zapped, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Zapped

Zapped Model S - PURE EV

Hi Everyone,

I've been following Tesla Motors for a number of years.
    Unfortunately I could not fit into the Roadster.

The Model S a dream car for me, so I made a reservation during the cross country tour in Calgary (oil town of all places).
    Also saw it in Vancouver a few weeks later and the sales staff said the interest was much higher.

Cold, snowy winters should be an interesting test in Edmonton. Probably won't drive it with it hit -40C (-40F)

Looks like I'm down the line from some of the earlier Signature holders.
    Reservation # S135.

2. KBF

KBF Model S 2017

Welcome to TMC. Good to see more Canadians! We shouldn't have much trouble at -40 unless you park somewhere outside with no plugin.

*edit: for hours/days until the battery drains enough that it can't keep the battery warm.

3. Vger

Vger Active Member

Congrats! Welcome to the party!

4. Spurkey

Spurkey P04251

Just saw this post now - I too am in Edmonton and by some sheer cosmic force I happen to be reservation holder P135. If I start getting notifications about a Sig car at least now I'll know who to notify. :)

5. fyshing

fyshing New Member

I also have a Model S on order, #107, just spoke with Sarah in Toronto and she said I have to have my design sent in within a month as they we start shipping to Canada in October/November. Just in time for winter

6. Zapped

Zapped Model S - PURE EV

I had to double check my number, also
    We'll have to arrange for a high speed public charging station..... know anyone at EPCOR ?
    (no spell or grammar checker)

7. Spurkey

Spurkey P04251

They *do* have 2 charging stations at their downtown office parkade, they bought 2 Leafs earlier this year for promotion. We'll have to lean on them to open those up to everyone. :)

8. CDNPHEV

CDNPHEV New Member

We were doing some work at the new Epcor Tower earlier this year. Our foreman told me about seeing the LEAFs in the parkade! But the let down was when he told me that I wouldn't get access to that parking level to see them for myself. :( Maybe our planning committee can get them at the Future of Transportation Symposium held at NAIT next April.

9. lotuni

lotuni Member

older thread but I thought I would update....

There is now only 1 charging station and 1 Leaf (not sure where they are storing the other one). The charging station is located on P2 near the elevators. Access to P2 is only to building tenants but the charging station is not available to tenants (though the LEDs are lit up it so it works and has power). Also the Leaf is always parked there.