Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Germany

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings from beatiful Heidelberg in Germany (some may know).
Driving a Tesla was a long dream for me but never really could afford one.

So I finally bought a used Model S 60(75) 12/2016 with >140k miles (used as airport shuttle in spain) @ decent price tag last year :cool:
Its a pretty basic RWD model but got AP1 Hardware and 75kWh battery >which i currently struggle to get unlocked :rolleyes:
As I got several google hits on this forum and looked up quite a few threads as guest in the past i thought its now time for signing up :p

Stay safe!
Cheers,
rothman ;)

Greetings from beatiful Heidelberg in Germany (some may know).
Driving a Tesla was a long dream for me but never really could afford one.

So I finally bought a used Model S 60(75) 12/2016 with >140k miles (used as airport shuttle in spain) @ decent price tag last year :cool:
Its a pretty basic RWD model but got AP1 Hardware and 75kWh battery >which i currently struggle to get unlocked :rolleyes:
As I got several google hits on this forum and looked up quite a few threads as guest in the past i thought its now time for signing up :p

Stay safe!
Cheers,
rothman ;)
Welcome to TMC.

Are you a TSLA investor?

Hope to see you at a supercharger soon.

Reactions: rothman
Welcome. We go to Germany for vacation once or twice a year. Was planning a trip for next month but that obviously is cancelled. I was looking forward to renting a Tesla this time and try it out on the Euro roads. Will have to try it when things get back to 'normal'.
We have friends in Münster and Stuttgart and our former exchange student is in college in München!

Reactions: rothman
Nice to see so many German connections here :)

It performs very well @Autobahn with Vmax arround 240/150 kph/mph:cool:
>140kph costs a lot of battery ofc but most of other ecars only got locked Vmax so Tesla wins again ;)

Renting a Tesla is not so easy over here, at least usual renters (at airports) like Sixt or Hertz dont have any...
There are some special eCar renters though, like Nextmove or Foxcar but they dont have many "pickup points".

Reactions: Leeclanual
Renting a Tesla is not so easy over here, at least usual renters (at airports) like Sixt or Hertz dont have any...
There are some special eCar renters though, like Nextmove or Foxcar but they dont have many "pickup points".
I was going to rent a Tesla from UFODrive. They have locations at most major airports in Europe.
The rental cost is higher than ICE cars but they provide free charging in Europe and free insurance. With all the driving I was planning, and the cost of gas in Europe, it came about equal to a regular car rental.
Let's hope I'll be over there cruising down the autobahn soon!