Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Kelowna, British Columbia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I purchased a Model S 100D last fall and I'm really enjoying the car. I've made one longish trip of about 1200 miles with it so far. The Supercharger network in British Columbia and Alberta is pretty limited but so far it's served my needs.

I'm planning a trip to the San Diego area in the near future. Any advice on where to stop for charging, food, hotels, etc would be appreciated. I'll be on I5 (I think) but may take the coast road through some of Washington, Oregon and northern California before turning inland.

Congrats on the car. We are up the valley in Vernon. We are a couple blocks from the village green mall. If you are ever in a situation where you need to charge on your way out of or into the valley you are welcome to tank up at our 10K juice box while you hang out at the mall for awhile. We are on plugshare. Just give us the heads up and we’ll leave the connecter under the garage door. In return I get to take pictures of your car in front of my garage so I can pretend it’s mine. :).

• Funny
Reactions: K3Man
That's a lot of driving tesla.com/trips seems to suggest no issues making it. There looks to be Superchargers on both the inland and coastal paths. One of the most iconic ocean drives in the US is on the 1 from San Francisco to LA.
Unless you are travelling at a really leisurely pace, the coastal routes are going to generally get really long and slow. If you start at the top and work your way all the way down, it might takes a number of extra days to do it.
If you haven't vacated in CA much, I'd definitely recommend, stopping in Napa Valley at the wineries. Heading to the Redwoods at Muir Woods. Seeing some of San Francisco, I'd guess that the car may want to go back to its birthplace and see where it was born. Then head down to Monterrey and maybe take the coast route down past Hearst Castle into LA.
You could easily take a week to do the route with stops.