Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Los Gatos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The time for the electric car is finally here and I'm excited to be part of the change. We just plopped down our deposit on The X! I'm trying to hold off wifey from pulling the trigger on a Cayenne S. Hurry up Tesla! :)

Anyway, great to find this forum. I hope to contribute and learn. I'm looking for info to help quell wife's range anxiety.

Cheers

I'm looking for info to help quell wife's range anxiety.

Compared to a gasoline car, the range question poses itself differently, since you'll have a charger in the garage, and will start each morning with a full battery. Choose your battery size such that it covers all usual day trips. So unless you plan frequent long trips with the car, the range should be plenty. Of course, since you are in California, you'll already have a few Superchargers available for longer trips. If those are where you need them, then you should be saving time overall, since you don't need to go to a gas station for daily use, anymore.

Hi Cromag and welcome, the range issue is different for everyone, I am not bothered in the least, as a matter of fact when we were in Vegas this year , we have a jeep wrangler because we RV and tow the jeep sometimes 4 down and in a trailer. My wife will not get rid of the jeep due to range anxiety, i remember when were driving a new highway in Vegas and I was getting the low fuel light and I had been looking for fuel for 20 min, now that was range anxiety. My dear wife takes me for a lovely Sunday drive today and we covered about 130 miles in the S, when we got home where we just plug in for a full tank, she asked how much further could we have gone, I replied as far as we went twice with plenty to spare, she looked at me and said sell the jeep. So I guess with some people they have to actually experience the drive and distance, ICE cars run out of fuel all the time, dirt and water in fuel stops them when you think you have plenty of energy. I'm sure your dear wife will accept and love the capability of the X.