Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from Minnesota!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's currently -3 degrees here and I'm not even mad considering it was -17 (withOUT wind chill factored in) this morning.

Been interested in Teslas for a while. Got *really* interested once the price drop and tax credits were announced. I've been on the hunt ever since.

After putting an order in and waiting in line, I found an MYP here locally that I attached my name to. I'm supposed to pick it up next week. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

Yeah, and a regular 30 amp 220v circuit charges the car overnight easily. Lots of people want 50 amps or the maximum possible but 30 is fine. The wall charger limits it to 24 amps (doesn't run up to the limit of the breaker that way) and we have zero problems charging as much as we want overnight.

Yup. Just got an electrician lined up to do an install of a 60 amp circuit to the garage. I know that it's overkill, but I'm trying to future proof it in the event of a second wall charger in that space later. I know the Tesla ones can do load sharing off the same circuit, so that will still enable me to charge at 30 amps each for two vehicles down the road.

Congratulations! I’m in MN as well. Are you picking up at Maplewood? At least we’ll have some nice weather this week!

We’ve had our MYP since DEC. Love the car… Our first Tesla also. Getting into a warm car all the time is really wonderful. And, not having to run an engine to heat the car outside soccer practice while watching Netflix, is also very wonderful. One pedal driving is the bees knees.

The ride takes some getting used to, especially with our sh$& roads. I put winter wheel/tire set on. Expect some slippage with the 21’s and Mich all seasons during snow, especially in corners and during regen.

Have fun with your your new ride!!

Hello @Sambub! Good to see a fellow Minnesotan on here.

Yes, I'll be picking up from Maplewood this week. I was on the waiting list for a MYLR for a while now and when I saw the tax credits got extended to all Model Ys, I snatched a MYP as fast as my fingers would let me.

I got to do two test drives. The regenerating braking will take some time getting used to. Do you have an ICE vehicle as well? It's so engrained in my muscle memory to just let the car coast, I wonder if it'll be harder to switch between my EV and ICE vehicles.

I also have a new set of wheels coming. I'm planning to just run them full time with all-seasons and will very likely sell the 21s. Our sh$& roads and such as you mentioned. That and I'm not sure I trust... the other drivers in my house... to look out potholes and to proactively avoid them. ;)